Ring Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reporting Crashes

5 posters

Go down

Reporting Crashes Empty Reporting Crashes

Post  ECDryere Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:32 pm

As of version 9.0.6, crashes are logged in a text file, which is saved under ..Documents/Ring Runner Crash Logs... The file name is RR Crash Log with the time and date appended to the end of it. Please forward that file and a short description of what you were doing when the crash occurred to RRCrashReport@gmail.com Exclamation
ECDryere
ECDryere
Admin

http://ringrunner.net

Back to top Go down

Reporting Crashes Empty Re: Reporting Crashes

Post  Aratex Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:42 pm

Sounds good, will probably help a lot with bug fixing and make it easier for us to report bugs.

Much appreciated!
Aratex
Aratex

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:57 am

I'll maximize and minimize the game until I have enough reports to overload your inbox, just saying. Razz

If any interesting crash occurs, I'll be sure to let you know!
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:25 pm

Reading the Crash log is fun. You find parts that you recognize, parts you have to guess at, and parts that make no sense (rarely)!

Some of the text is in system language though: ie. German. If you want me to give a brief summary of the Text in German, I'd be happy to do that.

Sending you the files via Mail.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:25 pm

Thanks for sending the reports in, all the crashes have been fixed. (hopefully Razz )
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:28 pm

Oh, and I could decipher the German based on other clues. Cool
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:40 am

There is one particular crash I can recreate: Overload stuff, spam beams until one they're all active in cooldown, then attempt to cycle your cores. Bam, crash.

I think this might impair me severely in our Sage's Challenge if it happens there.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:08 am

Yeah, its an easy bug to reproduce, basically if you have more than two times your normal max of energy and try to reload, it will crash. It is supposed to show you an error message that you aren't allowed to reload, but the text corresponding to the error type is not found.

I've fixed it but the next patch is still a bit away. Embarassed
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:24 am

Paul Dryere wrote:Yeah, its an easy bug to reproduce, basically if you have more than two times your normal max of energy and try to reload, it will crash. It is supposed to show you an error message that you aren't allowed to reload, but the text corresponding to the error type is not found.

I've fixed it but the next patch is still a bit away. Embarassed
Mad Cycling cores was my best way to get rid of overcharge, and now you're saying it's not meant to work?!

Basically, I had an overclocked reload module before, but I got EMPd by casters way too frequently. So I switched it out for an overcharge capacity module, and now my game's crashing.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:28 am

No, now you can reload whenever. cheers
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:30 am

Paul Dryere wrote:No, now you can reload whenever. cheers
Now as in, when the next patch comes along.

Well technically I can reload whenever I want, just sometimes it results in horrible horrible crashes.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:41 am

I suppose I could release the patch earlier, it won't have all the content we wanted to add, but we can just patch again later. I'll try and get it ready for Friday night.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  Aratex Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:58 am

Paul Dryere wrote:I suppose I could release the patch earlier, it won't have all the content we wanted to add, but we can just patch again later. I'll try and get it ready for Friday night.

Don't rush it too hard Paul, we have patience.
Aratex
Aratex

Back to top Go down

Reporting Crashes Empty Crash on bacon and heads

Post  Slithica Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:27 am

The game crashes whenever I try to play the mission bacon and heads. Here is the crash log.

ž[Version: N/A] - [Index was outside the bounds of the array.] -> at RingRunnerLib.Gameplay.Entities.Ships.PlayerShips.PlayerShipDuo.UpdateTurretGraphic() in C:\Users\Paul Dryere\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RingRunner\RingRunnerLib\Gameplay\Entities\Ships\PlayerShips\PlayerShipDuo.cs:line 449
at RingRunnerLib.Gameplay.Entities.Ships.PlayerShips.PlayerShipDuo.UpdateMovementGraphicsAndSound() in C:\Users\Paul Dryere\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RingRunner\RingRunnerLib\Gameplay\Entities\Ships\PlayerShips\PlayerShipDuo.cs:line 365
at RingRunnerLib.Gameplay.Entities.Ships.Ship.UpdateLocalMovement(Single engineAccelerationRatio, Single angularVelocityRatio, Single spaceBrakeRatio, Int32 isAfterburning) in C:\Users\Paul Dryere\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RingRunner\RingRunnerLib\Gameplay\Entities\Ships\Ship.cs:line 313
at RingRunnerLib.Gameplay.Entities.Ships.PlayerShips.PlayerShipDuo.UpdateLocalMovement(Single engineAccelerationRatio, Single angularVelocityRatio, Single spaceBrakeRatio, Int32 isAfterburning) in C:\Users\Paul Dryere\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RingRunner\RingRunnerLib\Gameplay\Entities\Ships\PlayerShips\PlayerShipDuo.cs:line 301
at RingRunnerLib.Gameplay.Entities.Ships.PlayerShip.UpdateLocal() in C:\Users\Paul Dryere\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RingRunner\RingRunnerLib\Gameplay\Entities\Ships\PlayerShips\PlayerShip.cs:line 249
at RingRunnerLib.Gameplay.Entities.Entity.Update() in C:\Users\Paul Dryere\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RingRunner\RingRunnerLib\Gameplay\Entities\Entity.cs:line 377
at RingRunnerLib.Gameplay.ClientManager.FrameEndUpdate() in C:\Users\Paul Dryere\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RingRunner\RingRunnerLib\Gameplay\Managers\ClientManager.cs:line 434
at RingRunnerLib.GameStateManagement.Screens.GameplayScreens.GameplayScreen.Update() in C:\Users\Paul Dryere\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RingRunner\RingRunnerLib\GameStateManagement\Screens\GameplayScreens\GameplayScreen.cs:line 129
at RingRunnerLib.GameStateManagement.GameScreenManager.Update() in C:\Users\Paul Dryere\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RingRunner\RingRunnerLib\GameStateManagement\GameScreenManager.cs:line 201
at RingRunner.RingRunnerGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\Paul Dryere\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RingRunner\RingRunner\RingRunnerGame.cs:line 327
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at RingRunner.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\Paul Dryere\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RingRunner\RingRunner\Program.cs:line 21

Slithica

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:41 am

I'll look into a fix, for now, try launching the mission as a non Duo ship, it should work.

Thanks for posting the report, and welcome to the forums.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Reporting Crashes Empty Same crash later

Post  Slithica Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:18 am

I don't know if it matters but I got the same exact crash later when I got to the next mission where I was meant to dual some tiny ship and it said I needed a new ship. Maybe I has to do when the game assigns me a different ship than the one I'm in if it's a duo? I don't know I like my DUO though I can pilot them myself and be super strong XD.

Slithica

Back to top Go down

Post  ECDryere Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:21 am

Slithica wrote:I like my DUO though I can pilot them myself and be super strong XD.

Hohoho! You're like a Centrian. Cool 

I think we can sort this one out for you in our next patch, Slithica.
ECDryere
ECDryere
Admin

http://ringrunner.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:24 am

Yep, it has to do with swapping ships when in a duo, I'm looking into it.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:12 am

Fixed it, should be good to go when the next patch comes out.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Reporting Crashes Empty Crash on launch

Post  Lake Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:58 am

Hello! Just bought the game, and have been unable to play due to it crashing on startup. I've tried from both Desura and from my desktop. I tried unplugging my headphones/speakers and plugging them back in, and even starting without them plugged in at all and I get the same error, crash log below.

ž[Version: N/A] - [This resource could not be created.] -> at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.AudioEngine..ctor(String settingsFile, TimeSpan lookAheadTime, String rendererId)
at RingRunnerLib.Audio.AudioManager.Initialize() in C:\Users\Paul Dryere\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RingRunner\RingRunnerLib\Audio\AudioManager.cs:line 229
at RingRunner.RingRunnerGame.LoadContent() in C:\Users\Paul Dryere\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RingRunner\RingRunner\RingRunnerGame.cs:line 169
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
at RingRunner.RingRunnerGame.Initialize() in C:\Users\Paul Dryere\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RingRunner\RingRunner\RingRunnerGame.cs:line 147
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at RingRunner.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\Paul Dryere\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RingRunner\RingRunner\Program.cs:line 22

Lake

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:41 pm

Hi Lake, and welcome to the forums.

I'll look into other possible solutions, but would you mind posting a dxdiag, or emailing it to RRCrashReport@gmail.com?

First Possible Solution (taken from forum post for another XNA game):

Your response did get me thinking; I've had audio issues with other games in the past (Dark Void: Zero and Chime), and I solved those by switching my "default playback device" in Windows to "Digital Audio Interface." I tried that here and the game now works properly, so long as it's using "Digital Audio Interface" instead of "Speakers."
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  Blurb Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:56 am

Ordering the AI to follow you when you're dead results in an unresponsive game.
I'm not sure if it applies to multiplayer, but it affects SDL and Spire scenarios.

Code:
Í[Version: 1.0.1.0] - [Objektreferencen er ikke indstillet til en forekomst af et objekt.] ->   ved RingRunnerLib.Gameplay.WaypointSystem.DynamicPath.Update() i C:\Users\Paul Dryere\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RingRunner\RingRunnerLib\Gameplay\WaypointSystem\DynamicPath.cs:linje 67
   ved RingRunnerLib.Gameplay.ClientManager.UpdatePaths() i C:\Users\Paul Dryere\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RingRunner\RingRunnerLib\Gameplay\Managers\ClientManager.cs:linje 1697
   ved RingRunnerLib.Gameplay.ClientManager.FrameEndUpdate() i C:\Users\Paul Dryere\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RingRunner\RingRunnerLib\Gameplay\Managers\ClientManager.cs:linje 480
   ved RingRunnerLib.GameStateManagement.Screens.GameplayScreens.GameplayScreen.Update() i C:\Users\Paul Dryere\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RingRunner\RingRunnerLib\GameStateManagement\Screens\GameplayScreens\GameplayScreen.cs:linje 129
   ved RingRunnerLib.GameStateManagement.GameScreenManager.Update() i C:\Users\Paul Dryere\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RingRunner\RingRunnerLib\GameStateManagement\GameScreenManager.cs:linje 201
   ved RingRunner.RingRunnerGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) i C:\Users\Paul Dryere\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RingRunner\RingRunner\RingRunnerGame.cs:linje 331
   ved Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
   ved Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   ved Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
   ved Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
   ved Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   ved Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
   ved Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
   ved RingRunner.Program.Main(String[] args) i C:\Users\Paul Dryere\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RingRunner\RingRunner\Program.cs:linje 22

Blurb

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:05 am

I never thought about using commands while I was dead. It makes no sense, like most bugs. But then again, foolproofing the game is what patching is about. No offense.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:36 pm

Good find Blurb, I'll get that fixed for the next patch. Smile
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content