Ring Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

messenger mission game crash

2 posters

Go down

messenger mission game crash Empty messenger mission game crash

Post  mrvideogame Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:01 pm

Every time i try to start the messenger mission the game will crash, it will work fine on all other missions but messenger. What part of the game i have played so far is great, but this crashing is stopping me from getting to what i was looking most forward to. Am i the only one with this problem? (note, all system specs are good except the CPU, which is a 1.6 GH, but the game has run fine as long as I turn down the video settings.)

mrvideogame

Back to top Go down

messenger mission game crash Empty Re: messenger mission game crash

Post  Paul Dryere Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:39 pm

The minimum system specs are currently a best guess since we haven't done enough testing yet. Embarassed

Does it crash at the start, during or after the load screen?

I would suggest lowering planet quality, but you said you already lowered your graphic settings.

Would you mind posting your system specs, it would help us a lot.

Thanks,
-Paul

Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

messenger mission game crash Empty specs and loading screen

Post  mrvideogame Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:38 pm

Ok, i have a windows 7 64-bit, over 2 GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics, and a AMD E-350 processor. (sup-par, but it gets the job done.)

The loading screen comes up of messenger, then after a few seconds it crashes like the Hindenburg,no "the program has stopped responding" or freezing,just "this program has stopped working" and closes. I hope this problem can be fixed, as i would love to play more of this game.

mrvideogame

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:21 pm

Hmm doesn't seem like it would be an out of memory or out of video memory issue. Though the Messenger mission does load the most assets out of all the demo missions.

I'll try and update the demo with an option to skip or possibly unlock all missions so you can get by for now. This may take a couple of days, mainly to test for stability since I've made changes to some of the core systems of the game since the current demo build.

We also plan on adding more video options in the future, so hopefully the released version of the game will be able to run on your system without problems.

Thanks for your help,
-Paul

Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

messenger mission game crash Empty Thank you

Post  mrvideogame Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:57 pm

Well, thanks for your help with this.I thought that it might be a bug as there was no freezing or system lag, it just crashed and windows said it stopped working .Other than i have had only rare lag, and that was on big maps when i was fighting Ai.

I do have a question though.

Will there more missions like powered by peanut butter? That was one mission i had a lot of fun with, between shooting anything that moved and nero's dialog, it felt like a good break from learning the basics.

P.S. You have my support on greenlight, keep up the good work guys!

mrvideogame

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:18 pm

Definitely, we try to add "break" missions fairly often throughout the campaign. Some examples are Cruiser Defense (like Powered By Peanut Butter), races, tower defense and sub rostrom minigames (which typically are nods to old school arcade games).

I'm currently working on the new version of the demo. I hopefully will be able to add resolution and anti aliasing options as well, so maybe you will be able to run the Messenger mission.

Thanks for your support! Very Happy
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down