Ring Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Options and Pilot Data not working

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Options and Pilot Data not working - Page 2 Empty Re: Options and Pilot Data not working

Post  Paul Dryere Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:42 pm

That's awesome, though a bit troubling since I didn't do anything that would effect them. Razz

Spent a day trying to fix it, with lupus's help, but never figured it out.

Other than the patch, did you make any changes to your computer recently? Maybe a windows update might have fixed it?
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Options and Pilot Data not working - Page 2 Empty Re: Options and Pilot Data not working

Post  Paul Dryere Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:06 pm

Did this last patch fix the problem for anyone else?
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  gjaustin Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:20 pm

Hmm, the explanation that seems most likely is that one of the things I tried fixed it and I never realized it. I probably opened the Options window and didn't press A, expecting the first category to appear without selecting it.

If you didn't change anything, my best guess as to what fixed it is the .NET update. I had an older version of the XNA SDK installed, so I could see that causing odd issues.

Did anyone else having the problem try the .NET update?

gjaustin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:35 pm

If anyone else having the problem could try this and see if it helps I would appreciate it.

I'm trying to compile most common issues/solutions for a sticky post.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:23 am

I can't seem to find the patch. I bought the game from GOG and it hasn't appeared there yet, nor have I located it elsewhere. Am I just being dumb here?

I updated .NET and XNA too. The issue still persists. I could still try reinstalling as a last resort.

Mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:28 am

We are actually working with the guys at GoG to try and resolve an issue with the GoG version of the game. Basically, they packaged the game in such a way that it doesn't properly check for updates. We hope to have this resolved ASAP, sorry for the inconvenience.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:49 am

As long as the information flows as well as it does here, you won't hear any complaints from me. Cool

Mick

Back to top Go down

Post  gjaustin Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:39 am

I think I figured it out.

I have the problem when I play on my monitor at 1280x1024 resolution. When I play on my laptop screen (1600x900) or my TV (1920x1080) it works fine.

gjaustin

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:02 am

gjaustin wrote:I think I figured it out.

I have the problem when I play on my monitor at 1280x1024 resolution.  When I play on my laptop screen (1600x900) or my TV (1920x1080) it works fine.
Have you tried changing the resolutions to a "valid" resolution via the options menu, on a screen that's "invalid"?
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  gjaustin Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:35 am

The game is trying to run at the same resolution (1280x0124) on all the screens and what I listed are their native resolutions.

But what's really odd is that it's actually working on the screens where the aspect ratio doesn't match!

gjaustin

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:47 am

Uh... what?

I just asked if you could get it to work on All screens now by choosing a different resolution (might have to resort to windowed mode for it)
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:34 pm

Hmm, I'll look into it, haven't tested that aspect ratio, 5:4 is a bit odd. Smile
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:44 pm

Hello gentlemen,
I'm afraid this is also happening to me, unfortunately...
I have tried updating the .NET and XNA as instructed, but the problem persists.

For what it's worth, here are my system specs:
  Win 7 32bit
  AMD Athlon 7750
  4GB
  ATI Radeon HD 4850

I understand that simply posting about a problem won't make it go away, so if there is anything I can do to assist...

Also, if I may, I am having trouble with one of the key bindings. I use Mouse and Keyboard to play, but I can't find the key bound to the "Evasive Maneuvers". I know this is a silly question, but since I can't change it because of this unfortunate problem, is there anything else I can do?
Sir
Sir

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:05 pm

Sir wrote:Also, if I may, I am having trouble with one of the key bindings. I use Mouse and Keyboard to play, but I can't find the key bound to the "Evasive Maneuvers". I know this is a silly question, but since I can't change it because of this unfortunate problem, is there anything else I can do?
Archetype abilities are a little more complex to configure than the others! There's three types of Mouse and Keyboard control: Two involved using the mouse to steer, and one binds the archetype ability directly to the Mouse. For the third you just wriggle the mouse around. For the first two, you press an Archetype modifier key. You hold that key (which also stops your ship from turning for a short while) and then move the mouse, and the archetype ability will execute.

Depending on which control scheme you use, either use the mouse or try rebinding the Archetype Modifier key.Smile 
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:20 pm

Hi and welcome sir!

If you are using the keyboard to rotate your ship, just give your mouse a flick and you should use your archetype ability. If you are aiming with the mouse then hold Mouse Button 4 and give your mouse a flick.

I'm hoping to have this problem fixed by the next patch.

P.S. I really like your avatar. Smile
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  gjaustin Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:36 pm

I think 5:4 is a fairly common aspect ratio for older monitors. I'm using an LCD monitor from 2006.

I should probably upgrade Smile

gjaustin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:02 pm

Yep, it was the aspect ratio causing the problem. I should be able to fix it without too much trouble. Smile

Thanks for the help gjaustin!
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:23 pm

Thank you, Paul. Smile

As for my little problem there, I figured out why I was having such a struggle and I feel kind of embarassed about it. It turns out the key is indeed bound to MB4, but my mouse has only 3 buttons. So, in a very stupid way, I was thinking "what the hell?"
But when you wrote about the "Mouse Button 4" so naturally, I remembered I had an old mouse around here somewhere, that had those two side buttons that I never quite understood what for...

So, I guess one isn't really prepared for gaming with a 3-button mouse! lol! 

And EvilNinjadude, your explanation was great! I appreciate your taking the time to write it. Smile
Sir
Sir

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:35 pm

I'm happy to report I have fixed the problem. Smile 

Will go live in next patch.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:10 pm

Sir wrote:Thank you, Paul. Smile

As for my little problem there, I figured out why I was having such a struggle and I feel kind of embarassed about it. It turns out the key is indeed bound to MB4, but my mouse has only 3 buttons. So, in a very stupid way, I was thinking "what the hell?"
But when you wrote about the "Mouse Button 4" so naturally, I remembered I had an old mouse around here somewhere, that had those two side buttons that I never quite understood what for...

So, I guess one isn't really prepared for gaming with a 3-button mouse! lol! 

And EvilNinjadude, your explanation was great! I appreciate your taking the time to write it. Smile
>Using a three-button mouse for everyday stuff

I don't know how I'd live everyday life WITHOUT my 5-button mouse. For gaming, I wish I had two more (would make flying aircraft in Planetside 2 way easier). But for now, 5 buttons will do. Useful for web browsing, btw.
(Someone needs to get key bindings for browsers: Previous tab/Next tab. And then bind THAT to the mouse as well.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:56 pm

EvilNinjadude wrote:
Someone needs to get key bindings for browsers: Previous tab/Next tab. And then bind THAT to the mouse as well.

I think I got used with Ctrl/Ctrl_Shift + Tab, but I can see how that would make things a lot easier!
Sir
Sir

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:37 pm

Patch that fixes the options and pilot data glitch is up. If you downloaded from GoG, we are still working on setting up the patching process for them. I think we have finally come to a solution we both could agree upon and would work. Smile Should be good to go in a day or two.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  gjaustin Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:58 pm

The patch worked for me

gjaustin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:11 pm

Awesome, thanks so much for helping me track down the problem.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:49 am

Hooray! Thank you everyone!

Mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next