Ring Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application cannot be started

2 posters

Go down

Application cannot be started Empty Application cannot be started

Post  Joeliosi Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:13 pm

I was playing the game earlier today with max graphics, everything worked fine, I went and bought an xbox controller to play the game with, plugged it in, started Ring Runner, and got a Windows popup, something like "verifying system requirements" then get the error, "Application cannot be started, contact the vendor"  

Joeliosi

Back to top Go down

Application cannot be started Empty info

Post  Joeliosi Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:15 pm

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [7/11/2013 7:09:45 PM] : Activation of C:\Program Files (x86)\Desura\Common\ring-runner-flight-of-the-sages\RingRunner.application has started.
* [7/11/2013 7:09:45 PM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
* [7/11/2013 7:09:45 PM] : Installation of the application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [7/11/2013 7:09:45 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (SubscriptionState)
- Cannot activate a deployment with earlier version than the current minimum required version of the application.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CheckMinimumRequiredVersion(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployment)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

Joeliosi

Back to top Go down

Application cannot be started Empty Re: Application cannot be started

Post  Paul Dryere Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:26 pm

Hey Joeliosi,

I recommend uninstalling the game then following the steps in this forum post.
https://ringrunner.forumotion.com/t70-problem-installing-newer-version-application-with-same-identity-is-already-installed

Hope this helps.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Application cannot be started Empty Problems

Post  Joeliosi Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:46 pm

I changed the hidden folder options, and still cant find AppData, under Users/ "Name"/ Appdata
Typed in "rundll32 dfshim CleanOnlineAppCache" into the Run program and nothing happened, I tried verifying the files and I reinstalled the game through desura, Still wont start Sad(( No PBC for meeee

Joeliosi

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:50 pm

Lemme look into some other possible solutions for you.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Application cannot be started Empty tyvm

Post  Joeliosi Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:51 pm

Very Happy

Joeliosi

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:00 pm

What OS are you using?
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Application cannot be started Empty Specs

Post  Joeliosi Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:57 pm

Windows 7, 64 bit, 8G RAM, Radeon 7700 series 1G video, Quad core. I bought it on desura and it didnt want to start, and honestly, I got impatient and bought it again on GoG and it worked fine. The problem persists with desura. BEWARE DESURA FANS! lol... Butttt... Hope that info is useful to your troubleshooting, Im happy since I got a copy that works, and I feel fuzzy knowing I helped you guys with a double purchase. Very Happy
(Oh and the game seems MUCH harder to play with an Xbox controller, way harder to aim!)

Joeliosi

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:05 pm

Joeliosi wrote:(Oh and the game seems MUCH harder to play with an Xbox controller, way harder to aim!)
Hah! So I'm not the only one who prefers M&K!
Some people prefer their stick aiming though, and are pretty good at it. They can rely on it more than we can with our mouse cursors, what with the camera scrolling left and right and up and down and zooming in and out.
Weren't there camera options somewhere? Why aren't they doing anything? Or am I missing whatever they're doing?
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:16 pm

I personally prefer the Xbox Controller. :)But I play with all control set ups, just to make sure they all work. Razz 

Thanks for purchasing the game twice! cheers  Glad you got it working.

The camera options are under video, they just adjust the rest (default) and max camera distances. I personally play with the Camera Rest Distance at max as well as Camera Max Distance at max.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:42 am

Paul Dryere wrote:I personally prefer the Xbox Controller. :)But I play with all control set ups, just to make sure they all work. Razz 

Thanks for purchasing the game twice! cheers  Glad you got it working.

The camera options are under video, they just adjust the rest (default) and max camera distances. I personally play with the Camera Rest Distance at max as well as Camera Max Distance at max.
If both are at Max, does that mean the camera won't do any zooming shenanigans and mess up my aim as it tries to fit both myself and my target on screen?
I personally get bothered whenever my ship isn't in the exact center of the screen.

Also, playing Break On Through with a mouse is inherently more difficult than playing with a controller, because with a mouse you're accelerating your ship by moving your mouse... and your ship doesn't move like a cursor at all, because it has mass. I'm assuming with a controller, you just have to tilt a stick, which has no behavior you could expect from it other than what it usually does.
I can't imagine playing break on through on Union with a mouse. Especially not with the ship you put me in!! I have a much better one I can't use, which I did use to beat the Qualifiers in 44 seconds.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:02 am

If you want no zooming at all then you need to put rest distance at the highest value, and max distance at the lowest.

As for Break On Through, I suppose it is a bit tougher with a mouse. Though I can get all the bonuses with either mouse or controller. Razz
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:21 am

Paul Dryere wrote:If you want no zooming at all then you need to put rest distance at the highest value, and max distance at the lowest.
Will do, thanks.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down