Ring Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 questions near the end *spoiler*

4 posters

Go down

2 questions near the end *spoiler* Empty 2 questions near the end *spoiler*

Post  spot227 Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:23 am

1. How did Tsubasa build the ship after the duril has been tamed without Ex relinquishing it?
2. Why did Tsubasa send Ex out to the desert for a few days while building the ship?

I purchased the game, novel and ost in the last sale and really enjoyed them. But have I learned about ring runner earlier, I would have bought them at the full price-totally worth it. It's a pity that buying a hard copy of the novel from overseas is not very economical.Neutral

Last edited by spot227 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:10 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)
spot227
spot227

Back to top Go down

2 questions near the end *spoiler* Empty Re: 2 questions near the end *spoiler*

Post  EvilNinjadude Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:15 am

I can answer number two. It was for the sake of appearances. As you said, he was building the ship.

However, I can't remember if number one was ever explained.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  spot227 Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:04 am

By "for the sake of appearances", do you mean Tsubasa did it to fool CIR?

Well, I believe the first question can only be answered here.Cool 
spot227
spot227

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:00 am

Yes, that is indeed how I meant it. I should have it lying around somewhere, I could re-read it if I have the time.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  spot227 Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:10 am

I re-read page 261 and 262(pdf), but still have no clue where the answer to the second question is. Maybe it's my poor English:( Also, I don't see how this action can trick CIR into believing Ex has nothing to do with Tsubasa. Would you care shedding some light?

PS: Where are you from, EvilNinja?
spot227
spot227

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:53 am

I'm from Germany.

I can't exactly remember where exactly he gets left in the desert. I'll come back after the lecture to continue reading. Plot order is always something I forget first.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  spot227 Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:27 pm

Cool! Nice to meet someone from another non-English-speaking world.Smile It's interesting that we are talking in English. If you are looking for chapter Ex-odus, it's around page 255. I wonder why there's no table of contents in the digital version. Is there a table of contents in the hard copy? Ex wasn't "left" in the desert. He chose to walk out to the desert and got himself into quite some desperate situations.
spot227
spot227

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:39 am

Ah yes. Ex-Odus. I just searched for the title. It was all the way back on page 314 for me!

Yeah, Ex justified it that he'd have to leave to where they couldn't him or something, but didn't have anything to leave with. So he just left to the desert. Tsubasa didn't come personally because he was fiddling with his ship, I guess.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  spot227 Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:05 am

All right, EvilNinjadude, I take it that you've got your hands full right now. Thank you! I'll wait for the Dryeres to come back. And I believe they'll appreciate your keeping the forum alive.
spot227
spot227

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:49 am

spot227 wrote:All right, EvilNinjadude, I take it that you've got your hands full right now. Thank you! I'll wait for the Dryeres to come back. And I believe they'll appreciate your keeping the forum alive.
I don't quite have my hands full. Unless it's full of Vidya games, in which case, yes they are.

The devs know me and what I do. Not personal know, but know know, you know? I myself appreciate you hanging around to have a discussion. I mistook you for Paul at first in that other thread, you know. It's the damned Avatar.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  spot227 Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:20 am

Well, Neros(s or es in this case?) are mass produced personal appliances similar to today's cellphones(they even come with warranties). It is okay that there are two Neros, right? And my nickname looks more like a product name: batch identifier + serial number. I think one important factor that contributed to your "mistook" is that I was talking about technical stuff(though not very technical)~

I saw your name in the credits, number one of the testers, huh? Is this the part where I ask how you became a moderator? Apparently people don't trust each other easily.

The devs put their hearts into creating the RR universe. It's natural that I appreciate their work. There's a lot to discuss if any of us wants to. So sticking around could be fun. Besides, this forum is so deserted that even a free hosting service seems overkill.(No offence, forumotion, you rock!)

With the above being said, I'll still have to wait for the devs' answers. Queued a number of them so far...
spot227
spot227

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:40 am

I was a mod on another forum, to clear out the spam there. To take care of the forum, merge double posts, and fix broken php tags in user posts (you don't know how much that frustrates me on other forums!). I haven't done much of any of that here, quite frankly.

I don't think all the Neuro-HUDs are called Nero. Maybe they all have an RNG (Random Name Generator).Very Happy 

What do you mean, about trust? Did I say something wrong? I don't quite understand.

Enrique is currently working on a new project, while Paul, if I remember correctly, is still working on Ring Runner. Though currently neither of them are working, strictly speaking. They're both on Holiday. Source
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  spot227 Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:38 am

Whoa, broken php tags? What kind of forum software needs a mod to fix that? This forum is indeed a quiet and tidy place. A "well done" to whoever's behind it. I know that administration means responsibilities and you must be a very capable mod. I mean you and the developers have never met in real life(Not personal know). Hiring you as a moderator means you'll represent them to some extent, which is a serious business decision. You have to earn that trust, right?

Do you remember "Reunion" in the Duo galaxy?
You:"You wanna help me?"
Nero:"Don't trust them!"
Valarian:"Hush, Nero. I'll Handle this."
You:"Whoa, did that one just hear you?"
Nero:"I think that was addressed to the Nero in her own head."
You:"Oh good, I was worried things were gonna get confusing."
So I think they are all called Nero...There's no need to distingush them between each other from a user's viewpoint because every user can only hear his own Nero and vice versa. Maybe every Nero has a UUID or something for identification...I think the default name is Nero which could be customized to suit individual needs.

Sure, I saw the tweets yesterday. You do know that accessing some sites take extra efforts from where I live. I happen to be one of the people that knows how to do that. I hope Enrique is working on the next RR novel. Is it a trilogy? Games and novels supplement each other...hmm...ambitious...kind of reminds me of Halo, Mass Effect...but without publisher dictating budget, deadline or something counterproductive.
spot227
spot227

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:37 am

Hiring me? Goodness, no! It's an unofficial thing. Unofficial things everywhere. And I looked for the reference to multiple Neros, but only in the early mission (because that's where I thought it was) and not the two or three near the end.

I'll let Enrique himself tell you what he's working on next.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  HoneyBakedPiglet Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:10 am

spot227 wrote:1. How did Tsubasa build the ship after the duril has been tamed without Ex relinquishing it?
2. Why did Tsubasa send Ex out to the desert for a few days while building the ship?
Neutral

1. The ship had already been built when Ex tamed the duril. If you remember, he "saw" it under the tarp while in the dream state.

2. Since the ship was already built, it was to test Ex's resolve and to set appearances for the CIR. Tsubasa wanted the CIR to think the town had exiled Ex and that Ex returned to steal the ship.

HoneyBakedPiglet

Back to top Go down

Post  spot227 Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:46 am

HoneyBakedPiglet wrote:
spot227 wrote:1. How did Tsubasa build the ship after the duril has been tamed without Ex relinquishing it?
Neutral
1. The ship had already been built when Ex tamed the duril. If you remember, he "saw" it under the tarp while in the dream state.

2. Since the ship was already built, it was to test Ex's resolve and to set appearances for the CIR. Tsubasa wanted the CIR to think the town had exiled Ex and that Ex returned to steal the ship.
Right...But wouldn't CIR notice the ship was actually flown to Ex? It doesn't really make sense that CIR was not able to observe it.
spot227
spot227

Back to top Go down

Post  Ithias Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:49 am

Let's not forget that the whole planet is covered in perlite. And since that coin-sized piece of duril was detected only after it left the orbit we could very well assume that the effect of such amounts of perlite can even cover up things above it.
However since Ex saw the city while being in orbit it could also very well be that the CIR can see the ship. Comes down to the actual strength of perlites effect. Maybe it scrambles the image of a little ship too much to see it from lightdays of distance yet a city can still be seen from orbit?
Can't be sure about it but I guess it's a possibility.

Ithias

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down