Ring Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Few Quick Questions

3 posters

Go down

A Few Quick Questions Empty A Few Quick Questions

Post  JadeFalcon777 Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:07 pm

1) Exactly what does the Fighter-Archetype Agile Drive "Kinetic-Gyro Harness" do? I mean, I read the advanced description but how does 'inverting the heat/energy cost at a ratio' work?

2) With the mechanics of stealth, I understand that facing, position, and heat are all large factors. At the current moment, firing my engines is generally enough to break stealth. I'm just curious if this is a factor of the heat that is being generated or something else - because generally drifting arouses less suspicion. I'm kind of just getting at a more in-depth numbers explanation of what's going on.

Thanks in advance, guys.

JadeFalcon777

Back to top Go down

A Few Quick Questions Empty Re: A Few Quick Questions

Post  Aratex Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:18 pm

1) Basicly it gives you energy and consumes heat instead of accumulating heat and consuming energy.

2) Stealth never makes you 100% invisible, and it exponentially varies depending on your position relative to your enemy and whether they are facing your way. Afterburners generally makes you more visible than cruising and drifting even less. Heat is an enormous factor in stealth because the ripple effect around you will be more pronounced.

I hope this helps
Aratex
Aratex

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:17 pm

Aratex, stop being confusing. Devs gave a better answer to #1 a while ago... Kinetic harness Gyros essentially multiply all movement ability costs by -0.5. So instead of consuming 20 energy, you get 10 instead.
However this does apparently not apply to abilities that consume heat, like Jousting (tested on the G5F Wyveros: I noticed no large increase in heat)

I'd definitely love to know more about stealth though.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  JadeFalcon777 Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:20 pm

EvilNinjadude wrote:Aratex, stop being confusing. Devs gave a better answer to #1 a while ago... Kinetic harness Gyros essentially multiply all movement ability costs by -0.5. So instead of consuming 20 energy, you get 10 instead.
However this does apparently not apply to abilities that consume heat, like Jousting (tested on the G5F Wyveros: I noticed no large increase in heat)

That makes a lot more sense. Thanks.

JadeFalcon777

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down