Ring Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ridiculous Crashing Problems

2 posters

Go down

Ridiculous Crashing Problems Empty Ridiculous Crashing Problems

Post  perplexingTheorist Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:27 pm

Alright
I know I'm running basically no graphics card in my computer, but I'm having some ridiculous crashing problems. It seems no matter how much I lower my graphics settings the game crashes every 9/10 time I try to run any actual game play mode that isn't an arcade mode. This is regardless of if I am running fraps or not.

Any suggestions, should i post my DxDiag, or what?
perplexingTheorist
perplexingTheorist

Back to top Go down

Ridiculous Crashing Problems Empty Re: Ridiculous Crashing Problems

Post  perplexingTheorist Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:42 pm

I basically put all the graphics at their lowest and now it's working, but any recommendations to maybe get my computer to preform a little better? It hasn't had problems like this with any other game to date (except some lagging problems with Saints row the third).

So
suggestions?
perplexingTheorist
perplexingTheorist

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:25 am

Hmm, not sure as to why this would have started happening only recently. We have added a bit of content to the game, so the video memory usage has gone up slightly, but the change is fairly minor.

Frankly, I'm surprised the game runs at all on your computer, since XNA can be a bit picky with graphics cards.

I would suggest trying to run the game in full screen mode at 50% of your monitor's native resolution with anti aliasing turned off. Of course planet and nebula quality should be low.

A DxDiag would be helpful. Also, just curious, but how much free hard drive space do you have left on your main drive?
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  perplexingTheorist Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:29 am

Paul Dryere wrote:Hmm, not sure as to why this would have started happening only recently. We have added a bit of content to the game, so the video memory usage has gone up slightly, but the change is fairly minor.

Frankly, I'm surprised the game runs at all on your computer, since XNA can be a bit picky with graphics cards.

I would suggest trying to run the game in full screen mode at 50% of your monitor's native resolution with anti aliasing turned off. Of course planet and nebula quality should be low.

A DxDiag would be helpful. Also, just curious, but how much free hard drive space do you have left on your main drive?

Yeah, I noticed that lowering the Antialaising helped a lot
In the most recent update i brought it up to 4, so I wonder if that was pushing my computer too hard.

Also, I have 224 GB free memory space
perplexingTheorist
perplexingTheorist

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:48 am

That would probably be the culprit, anti-aliasing eats up video memory. Neutral
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content