Ring Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video: F5G Lupine is Fun!! + Suggestion

4 posters

Go down

Video: F5G Lupine is Fun!! + Suggestion Empty Video: F5G Lupine is Fun!! + Suggestion

Post  Ratty Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:59 am

Put another video together. Got a new way to record video which let me play and record with higher quality and higher framerates, so it should look better!  You can watch it fullscreen at 1080p if you click on the 'youtube' button on the bottom right of the video.

This Lupine build may not have the sheer damage output the Hadrian has, but it's so much more fun to fly. It's pretty straightforward - really high mobility, yet really high shields and defenses. Some ranged attacks with the lasers, plus short-ranged power in the gamma hammer and the grappling abilities, result in an extremely versatile ship. Not seen in the video, but I also swapped in the Shield Bash to take half damage from the front - insanely useful.

Something else I wanted to talk about, was how I'm so surprised that the multiplayer community is nearly nonexistent. I think the premade ships should help a ton, but where is everybody? This game would be so much fun to play with people!! I've kept a server up when I can, but it's been very uncommon to see anyone connect.

I suspect that people may be interested in playing multiplayer, but don't see servers running and give up on it fast. So I have to wonder if there might be a good workaround to get servers started more easily. Something like opting into a queue - "Tell me when someone else is queued / has put up a server for my chosen gamemodes at my chosen regions" and then they simply continue on with whatever they like, tweaking ships or playing through single player in the meantime. Or maybe they can even minimize their game, and it'll still inform later them with a popup.

But that's just one idea, there might be better ways.

Ratty

Back to top Go down

Video: F5G Lupine is Fun!! + Suggestion Empty Re: Video: F5G Lupine is Fun!! + Suggestion

Post  EvilNinjadude Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:12 am

The simplest would be to set up an Official IRC. People could just go LFG there.

Also joining the game and pressing esc pauses it. If someone joins it will unpause, playing the audio cue. This will mean you can leave your game running in the background and be notified when someone joins.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Video: F5G Lupine is Fun!! + Suggestion Empty Re: Video: F5G Lupine is Fun!! + Suggestion

Post  Paul Dryere Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:07 pm

The queue is a good idea, we hope to have a pretty large influx of players soon since we are going to be in a fairly major game bundle and Totalbiscuit has confirmed that he will be doing his WTF soon.

Hopefully finding a game won't be a problem after these two events. =)

And of course, if we get greenlit that would definitely help the multiplayer community.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:08 pm

Paul Dryere wrote:The queue is a good idea, we hope to have a pretty large influx of players soon since we are going to be in a fairly major game bundle and Totalbiscuit has confirmed that he will be doing his WTF soon.

Hopefully finding a game won't be a problem after these two events. =)

And of course, if we get greenlit that would definitely help the multiplayer community.
*soon(TM)
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Ratty Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:48 pm

Oh that's a great idea!  I'll actually try that, running a paused game.

I've got my fingers crossed for all of that!

Ratty

Back to top Go down

Post  Murky42 Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:54 pm

Just curious how do you thrust forward if you have w as an attack bind?
Do you just rely on afterburners only?

Also I tried out my version of this build and it seems pretty nice for a fighter. Although after using a lot of turtle builds I have to get used to using a fighter again.

Just curious can you post what binds you are using because I'm somewhat curious. I keep cramping up my hand while playing with the semi-standard setup.

Last edited by Murky42 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Murky42

Back to top Go down

Post  Ratty Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:31 pm

Naw, I have thrust and brake set to E and D.

I've thought about using only afterburners, just to reduce the finger gymnastics... Using afterburners also applies your normal engine thrust too, doesn't it? I don't remember.

Ratty

Back to top Go down

Post  Murky42 Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:02 pm

I think so, thinking of it you could also use shift for afterburners and ctrl for normal thrust for some ships. Although holding ctrl for long periods of time with your pinky would probably be annoying.

Murky42

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:44 pm

Ratty wrote:I've thought about using only afterburners, just to reduce the finger gymnastics... Using afterburners also applies your normal engine thrust too, doesn't it? I don't remember.
Video: F5G Lupine is Fun!! + Suggestion Shiggy10
mfw you're not already doing this

I've been flying Afterburner-only (with normal thrust bound to Lshift for rare occasions) since last year.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Video: F5G Lupine is Fun!! + Suggestion Empty Another suggestion.

Post  Murky42 Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:22 pm

Thinking of it shouldn't we have a sub forum for build discussion?

Otherwise this place will get bloated with builds if the forum gets more users.

That and maybe then there would be a bit more discussion about the game in these forums, it seems rather barren right now.

Besides maybe then I could find out what to do with the bloody caster class. Nothing I can think of seems satisfying after playing around with the other classes.

Murky42

Back to top Go down

Post  Ratty Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:38 pm

Put together another video!  This time playing with Time Bombs and Remote Mines in Zombie Survival.  Since they both count as Mines, they get some really powerful bonuses - like overloading energy by 125% of damage dealt, healing self 30% of damage dealt. Their damage boosts are really massive too, just compare them to the photorpedo damage.

Gets chaotic near the end! Skip to that if you're short on time.

Ratty

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:58 pm

Ooh, powerful. Thanks for the info on how to implement time bombs and remote mines! I'll try and make a build based around that sometime soon!

Time to up the difficulty for you. Less damage dealt (meaning less siphon healing) and more damage take. Get to it!
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Murky42 Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:07 pm

Wasn't he already playing on the union?

Murky42

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:15 pm

Murky42 wrote:Wasn't he already playing on the union?
300 damage per hit? On Zombies? I figured nothing to be that OP. Since even Gamma Hamma is reduced to ~150 damage with full buffs.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Ratty Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:31 am

Well, I wasn't actually planning on putting up another video of the Time Bomb ship, but... This one is really, really, really crazy. I was constantly surprised I wasn't dead.

I switched in the Astrogami Omni-Drive (2nd teleport) and survivability went up through the roof. This is Zombie Survival, hardest difficulty, with a 2nd usually-dead player to spike up the difficulty further. I only uploaded the last 5 minutes to keep it short.

Ratty

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:41 am

All dose heals. My stamp of approval goes to you.

So basically, this build provides you with as much HP as you need, and is very mobile, and has insane AOE potential, and disables stuff.

I think the problem is that time bombs can't be destroyed by normal projectile-destroying abilities, like the Hunters' Titan Beams. This allows you to keep up DPS. (I think it had to be this way because enemies don't collide with time bombs, but other abilities SHOULD be able to destroy these bombs)
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Video: F5G Lupine is Fun!! + Suggestion Empty Back to the F5G

Post  Murky42 Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:02 pm

I remember that your F5G had the twin cycle power generator but I found a different solution.

If you use the kinetic harness gyros in combination with both astrogami drive abilities and a short cycle power generator you can sustain your energy levels rather nicely. This way you can keep up the fight instead of having to retreat.

Also this build basically made me fall in love with the gamma hammer.

Murky42

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:58 am

Murky42 wrote:I remember that your F5G had the twin cycle power generator but I found a different solution.

If you use the kinetic harness gyros in combination with both astrogami drive abilities and a short cycle power generator you can sustain your energy levels rather nicely. This way you can keep up the fight instead of having to retreat.

Also this build basically made me fall in love with the gamma hammer.
Yeah, I think I've kinda switched to Short-cycle too.

I needed an Accelatron, so I went with a Grapple Archetype ability instead of the Omnifold and made it a new build.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Ratty Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:13 am

That's cool you were actually paying close enough attention to notice the twin cycle. Smile I usually miss that kind of thing.

I needed the Accelatron as well, so I actually wound up going with the Long Cycle power hub with a bunch of Thermal Energy regen modules.  The result was high capacity and great energy generation, but the vulnerability was low overcapacity.  However I figured this wasn't too much of a problem, since I could use the sage ability to break the stun and recover the hull damage at the same time.

Ratty

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:41 am

Ratty wrote:That's cool you were actually paying close enough attention to notice the twin cycle. Smile I usually miss that kind of thing.

I needed the Accelatron as well, so I actually wound up going with the Long Cycle power hub with a bunch of Thermal Energy regen modules.  The result was high capacity and great energy generation, but the vulnerability was low overcapacity.  However I figured this wasn't too much of a problem, since I could use the sage ability to break the stun and recover the hull damage at the same time.
Nurf salvation pls Very Happy

I'm kidding. It's just fun to use Salvation with break or Shield, which have insanely low cooldown (especially if you get lower cooldown for sage abilities)! It's fun to use along with decoy feint, which systematically disables your ship to keep its direction locked to properly confuse people. Apply it, break it, instant escape and healing. Plus you get to stop yourself from crashing into walls, which is nice. We had a massive Union Gladiator fight in the smallest Arena. The variant without side walls but with all the spikes. I brought Dr. Nope along. It was insane fun.

Thanks for buffing smart rockets btw. Now EVEN MORE spam-able.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down