Ring Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ships and hulls, again?

3 posters

Go down

Ships and hulls, again? Empty Ships and hulls, again?

Post  perplexingTheorist Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:37 pm

Once again, I have an inquiry about the ships and hulls available in game.

My inquiry this time is about the variety.

Will we be seeing more hulls under level 5 in the future? I feel really limited to my builds due to the fact that a lot of these lower level have only one hull per level, and sometimes don't have ability slots i'd like to use. For instance, the only level three arsenal ship has no pivot turret ability slot, and it's a little frustrating.

as for the level 5 combination hulls (arsenal grappler, fighter rogue caster, etc.), will we be seeing more of them in the future? I have a similar problem with some of the current hulls because there are not the ability combinations i'd like to see. For instance, there is not Arsenal caster or caster arsenal with a mass emitter and heavy weapons ability slots, which is something i'd love to see. As well, i've been running into similar problems with some of the fighter combination hulls where the archetype combination i want doesn't exist outside of a triple combination

So, in short, will we being seeing more ships in the future and are the ones we have access to right now just a preview of sorts?
perplexingTheorist
perplexingTheorist

Back to top Go down

Ships and hulls, again? Empty Re: Ships and hulls, again?

Post  EvilNinjadude Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:08 pm

I'm liking a lot of the Top-level ships, but is the lack of lower-level ships intentional, or just... dunno?

Also, to answer your question, I think the devs would have tried to stay clear of overpowered slot combinations. Chances are that if you want it, it doesn't exist for precisely that reason.

Such as the deployables platform paired with Stealth paired with a fast engine and advanced heatsink.
NOPE.AVI
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:14 pm

All of our end-game and multiplayer content is designed for rank 5 hulls, and each archetype has plenty of rank 5 hulls to choose from.

We will likely be adding new hulls (rank 5) after release.

Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  perplexingTheorist Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:35 pm

Paul Dryere wrote:All of our end-game and multiplayer content is designed for rank 5 hulls, and each archetype has plenty of rank 5 hulls to choose from.

We will likely be adding new hulls (rank 5) after release.

oh
okay
i was just kinda thinking about that "rank=/=better" thread and figured it'd be nice to have a few more low level hulls to play around with
maybe having another hull for for each level would be nice
but i'd imagine adding all of those would be a lot of work
perplexingTheorist
perplexingTheorist

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:27 am

Haha yeah, it would be a lot of work for my brother, that and it would bloat the game's file size. Razz
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down