Ring Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The G5F Wyveros is too powerful

3 posters

Go down

The G5F Wyveros is too powerful Empty The G5F Wyveros is too powerful

Post  Murky42 Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:02 am

Quite frankly it has a lot of firepower and mobility and relatively large shields for a fighter dual class. It would probably be more balanced if it had 5 to 4 shields so it was a little less sturdy as befits a fighter.

Besides this I noticed that Kinetic harvester stacks which is pretty damn powerful if used with directional thrusters and accelatron (this gives you a movement ability that can be used every ,66 seconds). Kinetic harvester has no cooldown and lasts 1,5 seconds 1,5/,66=2,27 effectively applying a 40% damage buff 3 times.

The same story goes for the avoidance gyros which lasts for 1 second 1/,66=1,5 effectively giving you a 25% general defense buff and 75% AoE defense buff twice.

As I sincerely doubt this was intended it should probably be fixed.

Using this I can consistently beat gladiator mode on the union and beat stygil in 2 minutes without any fear of dying.

Murky42

Back to top Go down

The G5F Wyveros is too powerful Empty Re: The G5F Wyveros is too powerful

Post  EvilNinjadude Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:35 am

Yeah, the 75% AOE reduction is one of the things that keeps fighters alive in large fights. Rogues have something similar in various nodes.

We debated this and came to the conclusion that the Damage output of the Wyveros is too high, allowing nobody to wear down its already sizable health pool. The fact that it can move fast, have many movement abilities, and even Grapple a bit don't help this DPS/HP relationship.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Murky42 Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:47 am

Wasn't a large part of the conclusion also that the mining rig in general is too powerful?

Murky42

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:40 am

Murky42 wrote:Wasn't a large part of the conclusion also that the mining rig in general is too powerful?
The mining rig of the G5F, yes.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  ECDryere Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:31 pm

We're currently working on re-balancing plenty of abilities and hulls.

We'll be looking at Mining Rig abilities, and we're also focusing on making non-movement archetype abilities more viable in high-end play.

We're going to try not to weaken any of the existing hulls, but some abilities might be tweaked.

Right now, however, we're in the process of getting the MOBA mode into a testable state. Since that will be our primary form of competitive play, we're holding off on making too many changes until we test the various ships and abilities in the setting.

But, of course, the game will be a living thing in constant change, and we'll be listening to feedback, so keep it coming! Very Happy
ECDryere
ECDryere
Admin

http://ringrunner.net

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:44 am

Well, we're in agreement that the DPS/HP relationship is too high for the G5F in particular. So we should nerf mining rig or shields. Nerfing the marginal benefit of moar Mining Rig slots might work on lowering the DPS output, but would affect all other Grapplers as well... which, when compared to the G5F, have less mobility, and do not benefit from the Agile Drive and Advanced Heatsink.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Murky42 Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:38 am

Well that's good news.

But I really want to reiterate how important it is to stop kinetic harvester and avoidance gyro's from stacking.

Right now I have a ship that is highly mobile,very tanky,high damage and has high regeneration.
This isn't a balance issue, this is outright glitch abuse.

Murky42

Back to top Go down

Post  ECDryere Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:16 pm

We hear you!

Super-tanking combinations are definitely something we'll be looking into. This will mostly affect the way mitigation stacks.

We'll also probably be lowering some of the high burst damage abilities, perhaps lowering their cool downs or activation times to compensate.

If all goes well, we're going to be starting internal beta testing on the MOBA mode by the end of the week or early next week. One of our primary focuses will be balance. What a Face 
ECDryere
ECDryere
Admin

http://ringrunner.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Murky42 Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:58 am

Good good I just wanted to be absolutely certain nobody overlooked that part of my post.

I wan't to see how good this build is if the effect doesn't stack.

Murky42

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum