Ring Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot use 'evasive' moves anymore ?

2 posters

Go down

Cannot use 'evasive' moves anymore ? Empty Cannot use 'evasive' moves anymore ?

Post  Manta Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:04 pm

Been playing since yersteday, and as soon as I was able to customize my ships all the 'A' skills like "Evasion Drive" or "Decoy Feint Device" would not activate when I was moving my mouse.

The binds and gameplay options have only been changed once to test the mouse aim, then I turned back everything to default. Still can't evade in any direction (with the skill equiped ofc) while getting the 'RM' bind attached to it. (No clue what RM stands for)

Would love to get a little hand on the matter. Steam version.

Manta

Back to top Go down

Cannot use 'evasive' moves anymore ? Empty Re: Cannot use 'evasive' moves anymore ?

Post  Paul Dryere Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:44 pm

Hey Manta,

You might wanna check mouse sensitivity in the Game tab of the options menu, raise it up and see if flicking your mouse works (FM stands for flick mouse). If that doesn't work, make sure Aim Mode is set to steer/keyboard. If you want to use mouse aim, then archetype abilities require a modifier be held before flicking the mouse. The default is mouse button 4 but it can be bound to whatever you like in the key binds section under Archetype Modifier.

Hope this helps.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Cannot use 'evasive' moves anymore ? Empty Re: Cannot use 'evasive' moves anymore ?

Post  Amazigh Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:53 am

Posting to confirm the problem posted by Manta, of the archetype abilties I just tried [seeker omnibattery, Target Lock, Stealth Bomber, Directional Caster pulse] only stealth bomber worked, and even then was very unreliable.

My testing with Stealth Bombers:
I tried with mouse sensitivity 2/10 at first, and was completely unable to activate it.
I then tried again at 10/10, and regardless of violence of mouse movements Stealth Bombers would only trigger occasionally, and even then often in a different direction to that which the mouse had been moving. [eg: I was shaking mouse up and down, and it launched sideways]

Hope this can somehow help you fix this.

Amazigh

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:05 pm

Hey Amazigh,

Did this recently start happening, or has this always been the case for you? Does the mouse in the UI behave normally? Are you playing the Steam version of the game?
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazigh Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:37 pm

Archetype abilities had been working perfectly fine last time I had played [a few days ago, version 1-1-0-5/6 iirc], the mouse works fine in UI/menus and yes, I'm playing the steam version.

Amazigh

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:39 am

Hmm, well the only change I made between those versions that would have any effect on archetype abilities is changing all abilities activation to occur on a button's Pressed state. Previously, some archetype abilities were set to the button's OnRelease state. This change was made to make the activation state of all abilities consistent.

There isn't anything that should make stealth bomber strike's activation different from any other archetype ability, so it may be that some files were corrupted when you installed the patch. If you go to your steam game library and right click ring runner and select Properties>Local Files>Verify Integrity of Game Cache, it might fix the problem. Other than that, you could try reinstalling or perhaps seeing if you recently installed new drivers or any programs that could somehow interfere with mouse input.

Perhaps disabling steam community in game could help, you can access it through ring runner's properties via the steam library.

Hope this helps.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazigh Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:24 pm

Tried things out some more, and it might just be that I tested Stealth Bombers the most, as after more testing they are just as unreliable bordering on unusable as other archetypes.

Also as you suggested:
Verified game cache, no change.
Reinstalled, no change.
Diabled steam overlay, no change.

Amazigh

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:27 pm

You might want to try raising mouse sensitivity on your computer, just to rule out the problem being too low sensitivity.

I'm sorry I can't offer better suggestions, I can't replicate the problem on any of my test machines.  Neutral
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazigh Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:31 pm

Ok, I'm 99% sure that i've sorted out my problem: I'd recently replaced my normal mouse with a new one of the exact same model, and apparently this broke archetypes for me.
I only discovered this after trying out the mouse from my other computer as a test, and finding archetypes to work perfectly.
So uh, turns out it was a bizzare hardware glitch or something.

Amazigh

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:03 pm

The joys of PC gaming.  Razz 

Glad you got it sorted out!
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum