Ring Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sage tutorial more trippy than intended...

3 posters

Go down

Sage tutorial more trippy than intended... Empty Sage tutorial more trippy than intended...

Post  speeder Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:23 pm

Well, the first sage tutorial level, the level had a red grid background, but parts of that grid kept disappearing, and it looked bloody horrible and made the interface almost impossible to read.

Then the next level, got filled with white lines coming from the center of the screen, and the game got REAAAAAAAALY slow.

Since I just saw another trippy level, I thought it was kinda normal...

As I was playing this level, the white lines changed colour and also disappeared.

Then I lost, and restarted the level...

And the white lines were gone, and the game speed resumed to normal.

Then I realized that you probably got some bugs in the sage levels...

speeder

Back to top Go down

Sage tutorial more trippy than intended... Empty Re: Sage tutorial more trippy than intended...

Post  EvilNinjadude Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:27 am

Do you have any video footage we can take a look at?
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Sage tutorial more trippy than intended... Empty Re: Sage tutorial more trippy than intended...

Post  speeder Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:14 am

Obviously not.

I wrote that I noticed it was a bug, after I saw a non-buggy version.

speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:30 am

Well, then can you get some? I've found that reporting Graphics bugs using only text can lead to quite a bit of back-and-forth before the actual problem is figured out.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  speeder Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:41 am

I am sorry but I have no idea of why the bug happened.

If I spot it again, I will try to report something... But I think it should be important to note it.

Since it happened with the sage missions only, I expect that the devs at least can know what sage missions have different that might cause the bug (considering I noticed a "grid" effect on the background, and the first bug involved the grid, and the second was white lines and the grid was missing, I guess the grid code that is broken)

speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:51 am

Okay. That makes sense. Grid background generation broken, I think that'll do as description for now.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:53 pm

Would you mind posting a dxdiag speeder? Or emailing it to RRCrashReport@gmail.com?
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  speeder Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:40 pm

Thanks to other thread, now I know that the issue happened with nVidia Optimus enabled, meaning the faulty card is the Intel one (not nVidia one) in case of this bug...

speeder

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:35 am

Glad I could help.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum