Ring Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Pending] The Subrostrum Network.

+4
perplexingTheorist
ECDryere
EvilNinjadude
Aratex
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Should the show be with a Live host (filmed) or should everything be 2d animated?

[Pending] The Subrostrum Network. I_vote_lcap33%[Pending] The Subrostrum Network. I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
[Pending] The Subrostrum Network. I_vote_lcap67%[Pending] The Subrostrum Network. I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

[Pending] The Subrostrum Network. Empty [Pending] The Subrostrum Network.

Post  Aratex Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:30 am

Pending

I regret to announce that The Subrostrum Network will not be airing on YouTube.

The project does not have enough people behind it therefore it is too time consuming for the few who have volunteered. I apologize if you have been held back by this or if I have wasted your time.

Although the YouTube show will not be airing, I might start a blog and make a written version of The Subrostrum Network, I have not decided whether or not I will do that. (It is largely dependent on the community and my spare time)

Updates :

I have set up a YouTube Channel for the show, I will be making a background for it shortly. Unfortunately making banners and such is only available when you are a Partner.

---
I've uploaded a background for the channel. It should look familiar Smile

---
perplexingThoerist have volunteered to capture game footage. Thanks

---
I'm trying to figure out some Cloud hosting for the resources that you guys contribute. (Dropbox, maybe)

Over the weekend, I've been figuring out a project that I think would be a cool resource for the Ring Runner community, so after many hours of pondering, planning and sketching I've come up with something that I think would benefit the community as a whole and perhaps even widen it.

I present to you :

[Pending] The Subrostrum Network. Sn1g

"What is the Subrostrum Network?" You might ask, It's a YouTube show based around Ring Runner.

"What is it all about?" The show will be about things that go on in the community and universe of Ring Runner, It's a show where I will be telling you about the news revolving Ring Runner.

In the beginning, the show will be mainly about News on the forum, but as time goes, I'm hoping that It can become something more, a central for user created content, discussions (maybe even Match commentary) and maybe some special Ring Runner related videos.

One episode of the Subrostrum Network will be approximately 5 - 10 min in length (subject to change) and will feature at least 2 segments, News and Discussions. Although, I'm hoping that for every episode I can come up with atleast 1 more segment of something that I think is relevant (or the community thinks is relevant)

In the News segment I'll be talking about whatever new patches and general events that are going on in the Ring Runner community.

For the Discussions segment I will be talking about pressing topics on the forum. Or I might bring in a guest, that I will be able to discuss Ring Runner related content with (May it be a co-commentary of a match, or maybe after a major patch I might bring someone in to be able to discuss the notes with), maybe other things?.

Now that I've briefly explained my vision, feel free to ask any questions you want.

What do I need? I need people who are willing to help me. I don't have any experience in making YouTube, but I think that with enough effort I can make it come together, but I need help with some things, so I was hoping I could ask some of you people here for that help.

I need help with following things :

Sound/Music : I don't know how to make music, but, thankfully 'aivadarker' has stepped up and offered his help.

Hosting : So I can't say I'm that good at talking so if someone else would be willing to host I would be willing to give you a chance (There may be some restrictions on this one).

Managing : I will primarily be taking this role, but I'm open to suggestions from other people, I can't really make something worthwhile without public opinion.

So as you can probably guess, I don't want this to be a one-man job, I want the community to help me shape this project, so that it can become something that we can all enjoy.

Okay, PLEASE leave your suggestions and comments below, so that I know that I'm actually going for the right thing here.

Please contact me via the forums PM system, if you are interested in helping out. (Will probably get around to make a email for it)

Edit : Removed section (Irelevant I guess)[b]

Last edited by Aratex on Sun May 05, 2013 5:45 pm; edited 15 times in total
Aratex
Aratex

Back to top Go down

[Pending] The Subrostrum Network. Empty Re: [Pending] The Subrostrum Network.

Post  EvilNinjadude Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:22 am

I'm no good at hosting either, and while my internet connection is good, and I've shot one or two Ring Runner videos on my PC, I really can't provide you with more bandwidth or free time either...
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Aratex Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:24 am

EvilNinjadude wrote:I'm no good at hosting either, and while my internet connection is good, and I've shot one or two Ring Runner videos on my PC, I really can't provide you with more bandwidth or free time either...

Basicly just saying that I would have these problems and that you should be aware of them if you wish to be involved.

Last edited by Aratex on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aratex
Aratex

Back to top Go down

Post  ECDryere Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:40 pm

Well, naturally I think this is an awesome idea, and I would support you by passing along videos, doing any kind of question-answering you might need and the such. However, you rightly point out that this is no small undertaking! You may want to approach a few "Let's Play" people or existing Youtubers to see if they are interested in participating.

On the bright side, I'd say you have at least a month before Ring Runner develops the kind of audience and community that would actually validate such a show. It's good to start organizing now!

For my part, I will be posting an update on Kickstarter encouraging people to become involved in this project as well as our community wiki!

Thanks again for your inspirational support and enthusiasm! cheers
ECDryere
ECDryere
Admin

http://ringrunner.net

Back to top Go down

Post  ECDryere Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:48 pm

I've made a Kickstarter update featuring The Subrostrum Network. I hope others will get involved!
ECDryere
ECDryere
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aratex Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:30 pm

ECDryere wrote:Well, naturally I think this is an awesome idea, and I would support you by passing along videos, doing any kind of question-answering you might need and the such. However, you rightly point out that this is no small undertaking! You may want to approach a few "Let's Play" people or existing Youtubers to see if they are interested in participating.

On the bright side, I'd say you have at least a month before Ring Runner develops the kind of audience and community that would actually validate such a show. It's good to start organizing now!

For my part, I will be posting an update on Kickstarter encouraging people to become involved in this project as well as our community wiki!

Thanks again for your inspirational support and enthusiasm! cheers

I'm glad you're willing to support the project, It will definitely help a lot.

And you have some good ideas, I will definitely try to ask some of the other YouTubers for advice and possibly participation. I agree that starting now is the best option.

ECDryere wrote:I've made a Kickstarter update featuring The Subrostrum Network. I hope others will get involved!

Thank you so much.

I will be updating this thread when it evolves.
Aratex
Aratex

Back to top Go down

Post  perplexingTheorist Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:23 am

Hey
if you need help with upload/making videos I could help.
I've got pretty good internet connection at my college, some free time on the weekends, and a decent sized workstudy paycheck to get some recording software to make videos and such with.
perplexingTheorist
perplexingTheorist

Back to top Go down

Post  ECDryere Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:27 am

That would be awesome, Perplexing. We're so lucky to have fans like you guys!
ECDryere
ECDryere
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  perplexingTheorist Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:29 am

ECDryere wrote:That would be awesome, Perplexing. We're so lucky to have fans like you guys!

Well i'm happy to be around!

This is the first time i've been around for since the beta of a game, so I'm really excited about it!
perplexingTheorist
perplexingTheorist

Back to top Go down

Post  Aratex Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:36 am

perplexingThoerist wrote:Hey
if you need help with upload/making videos I could help.
I've got pretty good internet connection at my college, some free time on the weekends, and a decent sized workstudy paycheck to get some recording software to make videos and such with.

I'm updating the Thread now Smile
Aratex
Aratex

Back to top Go down

Post  syther Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:53 am

well i can do much more then the music/audio

i don't have much free time but thanks to the education i'am taking i can do stuff like animated intros 2d or 3d, video manipulation and effect's in school time.

and as you already know i have a studio microphone so i could be a/the host... but for now lets see if someone more qualified doesn't shows up.
syther
syther

Back to top Go down

Post  perplexingTheorist Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:56 am

Oh, btw
my friend is a music major and i might be able to get him to make some music for a video sometime
perplexingTheorist
perplexingTheorist

Back to top Go down

Post  Aratex Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:43 am

As of right now Aivadarker is in charge of the music and sound for the show. So we don't necessarily need him, however, maybe in the future.

Ofcourse if you wish to submit a montage of gameplay for one of the segments (there will be a user submitted content segment). Then it's completely up to you, but it probably won't be part of the official show.
Aratex
Aratex

Back to top Go down

Post  Aratex Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:50 am

aivadarker wrote:well i can do much more then the music/audio

i don't have much free time but thanks to the education i'am taking i can do stuff like animated intros 2d or 3d, video manipulation and effect's in school time.

and as you already know i have a studio microphone so i could be a/the host... but for now lets see if someone more qualified doesn't shows up.

I will need help with animation, 2d animation specifically. and it will be for the show intro and overlay. I will give you the specifics later.

But I would like to do the editing myself Smile

Hosting is delicate right now, I don't know if I want to host it myself and then have some other co-hosts to join me as regulars, or just have one specific host. I don't know yet.
Aratex
Aratex

Back to top Go down

Post  perplexingTheorist Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:50 am

Aratex wrote:
Hosting is delicate right now, I don't know if I want to host it myself and then have some other co-hosts to join me as regulars, or just have one specific host. I don't know yet.

I think if we had a bunch of people doing weekly segments it'd work out fine if we didn't have a specific host.

Actually, if we did that it'd make it seem more like a "network"/tv channel with a bunch of shows on it, or at least in my general opinion.

As for the idea of live or animation, i'd have have to go in the side of animation. Frankly, i think it'd make it easier for each person to record their segment (if it's only one person) and then send it with game footage and whatnot to be produced into a video later.

Also, you have yes and no as options on a poll that has specific answers Razz
perplexingTheorist
perplexingTheorist

Back to top Go down

Post  ECDryere Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:52 pm

My recommendation would be to have a central host that introduces segments, which can be submitted and hosted by several contributors.

Unless you develop some kind of very simplistic style, animating the central host would take a lot of time and would be very difficult to maintain. So although it could add a lot of quality to the show, it may be asking too much of a volunteer team. Shocked
ECDryere
ECDryere
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aratex Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:01 pm

ECDryere wrote:My recommendation would be to have a central host that introduces segments, which can be submitted and hosted by several contributors.

Unless you develop some kind of very simplistic style, animating the central host would take a lot of time and would be very difficult to maintain. So although it could add a lot of quality to the show, it may be asking too much of a volunteer team. Shocked

I was thinking making a simplistic style, probably having some Icons that flash when someone is speaking. (Equipment for filming is harder to come by, than people who can animate)
Aratex
Aratex

Back to top Go down

Post  Zehezro Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:29 pm

i support this idea, sounds fun and overall a nice idea. but i dont think i got anything that i can contribute with xD - but we know each other IRL Aratex, so just text me or something if you think i can be to some help. cheers
Zehezro
Zehezro

Back to top Go down

Post  perplexingTheorist Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:17 pm

So
when do you want to start doing stuff for this?
perplexingTheorist
perplexingTheorist

Back to top Go down

Post  Aratex Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:31 pm

perplexingThoerist wrote:So
when do you want to start doing stuff for this?

Well, like I said, I need gameplay footage from the game. So if you could start filming some cool stuff and then upload it to youtube as a private video then we can just download it from there. (you don't need to edit it. Just raw footage if you can handle the upload time)

I'm still trying to organize everything, and such.

I will get back to you very soon, I've almost figured out a base of what we need to be doing.
Aratex
Aratex

Back to top Go down

Post  perplexingTheorist Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:29 pm

I'm going to gather some raw footage this weekend for you.
perplexingTheorist
perplexingTheorist

Back to top Go down

Post  ECDryere Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Perplexing, make sure you have the latest build! We just put up a patch last night. Shocked
ECDryere
ECDryere
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  perplexingTheorist Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:27 pm

ECDryere wrote:Perplexing, make sure you have the latest build! We just put up a patch last night. Shocked

Yeah, just saw the thread.
i'll make sure i download it
perplexingTheorist
perplexingTheorist

Back to top Go down

Post  perplexingTheorist Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:26 pm

A video of one of my builds.
perplexingTheorist
perplexingTheorist

Back to top Go down

Post  Aratex Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:19 pm

Okay, UPDATE TIME. The poll has ended and I have been busy trying to figure everything out.

We're going to be making a simplistic style, with Icons that represent each person on the show with some sort of indicator that shows who is speaking, probably with some gameplay in the background.

Aivadarker is (hopefully) beginning some animation work next week and I will continue to find resources for the show, aswell as learning how to edit videos to a degree where I can effectively put everything together.

With all the footage that perplexingTheorist have provided we should have enough gameplay to make atleast 1 episode with some variation. I will be more forward about what kind of footage I need in the future but right now I just need something to show off on the launch episode.

I'm still looking for a main host. (It will probably end up being me (with co-hosts))

But for Icons, I'm not a very good designer so I need someone who can come up with some icons in a Ring Runner style that would represent the main host and atleast one co-host. I will still be trying to come up with some but I could really use some help. Cause creativity is something that I lack.

Lastly, I have been a bit quiet on the forum lately because I have been busy. I'm currently looking for a new place to live, and I have already looked at one house but it turned out to be a really bad deal so I will have to keep looking. I won't be moving in a few months but It will still take some of my time that I could otherwise spend on working on the Subrostrum Network. (Just keep this in mind as we crack on)

So I can't remember if I already mentioned this but I have set a deadline for the launch episode which will be in sync with the launch of the game. If anyone objects to the deadline please let me know, I just think it would be good for the show if it aired just as the game launched. Hopefully I will have come up with some good exclusive content at that time.

Next update (I can't say for sure when I will update again); I will go into greater detail about how the development of the show is going to be handled so that we can easily put out 1 episode every week or so, and also make it easier for the rest of the community to get involved.
Aratex
Aratex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum