Ring Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wiki creation

+3
Privateer X
EvilNinjadude
sirus
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

wiki creation  - Page 2 Empty Re: wiki creation

Post  EvilNinjadude Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:46 am

ECDryere wrote:Do you mean a wire frame picture? I could probably supply you with a bunch of those and you could match them up to their respective items.
I'm talking about those with Numbered nodes on them. Win a match get blueprints, right-click them. You'll get a Wireframe, with the number of slots in that node on top of each node; they also have ships size and mass in the top left corner. I want one for each SHIP. (ability wireframes are not needed as of yet)

Yes Sirus, I had planned to do each of the Archetypes, then jump to the ships, then to all the abilities. Right now I'm copying text off the website, for the abilities I would have to do the same unless the devs supply me with the script as well. That'd be best.

There are some other neat things I'll adopt from the SPAZ wiki, such as damage statistics and calculation. We gotta supply the things people will visit the wiki for. Such as: What is this ship and why is it so powerful? And what do all these things mean? I'm at an advantage because I can simply view the nodes on each ship that ever attacked me. I know almost all the ships' capabilities by now.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:48 pm

Archetypes are DONE! So are a few other Pages.
Now back to what I was MEANT to be doing today. I hope I don't regret this.

EDIT: So, uh, can I expect some feedback from you guys?
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Zehezro Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:09 pm

EvilNinjadude wrote:Archetypes are DONE! So are a few other Pages.
Now back to what I was MEANT to be doing today. I hope I don't regret this.

EDIT: So, uh, can I expect some feedback from you guys?
i assume its the one sirus linked..

and from the quick view through the wiki it looks okai, i will try to take a deeper read tomorrow when i have time through Smile sorry that i cant give any decent feedback right now through.
Zehezro
Zehezro

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:11 pm

Eh, thanks anyway! I added few pages, just let me know if I did something wrong or badly, or if you have suggestions.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Zehezro Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:17 pm

well, i dont see anything wrong with what you have written. I hope that we will see some kind of guideline for each shiptype such as strength, weaknesses or just something that would give new people a better knownlegde what to do when they customsize their first few ships. (probably something you already had planned or thougth of, but yeah, im not good at this, but i still try to help where i can xD)
Zehezro
Zehezro

Back to top Go down

Post  ECDryere Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:18 pm

So far it's looking great. I like the layout you're going for on the "Duos" page. I think that could work quite nicely. I went ahead and made a few changes, nothing major. And I will continue to help out and revise when I can. Smile

You can use the existing Archetype videos on their respective pages if you'd like.

Around March 15th, I will be attempting to redesign our website for launch. If we could get this wiki filled out, I will ensure that it is featured prominently. As for now, I will be creating a link to it on our main page, perhaps next weekend.
ECDryere
ECDryere
Admin

http://ringrunner.net

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:20 pm

Zehezro wrote:well, i dont see anything wrong with what you have written. I hope that we will see some kind of guideline for each shiptype such as strength, weaknesses or just something that would give new people a better knownlegde what to do when they customsize their first few ships. (probably something you already had planned or thougth of, but yeah, im not good at this, but i still try to help where i can xD)
We're getting to the ships xD

I just needed to do the Archetypes first, and think of a general structure to incorporate. I have a little time now, so why don't I get some stub pages out right now and link them together, so I have something to work with later? Think skeleton (or something).
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:23 pm

ECDryere wrote:So far it's looking great. I like the layout you're going for on the "Duos" page. I think that could work quite nicely. I went ahead and made a few changes, nothing major. And I will continue to help out and revise when I can. Smile

You can use the existing Archetype videos on their respective pages if you'd like.

Around March 15th, I will be attempting to redesign our website for launch. If we could get this wiki filled out, I will ensure that it is featured prominently. As for now, I will be creating a link to it on our main page, perhaps next weekend.
The "How to play Ring Runner" I'll put up on the main page, titled "Watch This First". There was a separate video for customization, but the video part got stuck and buggy in that video.

I'm gonna try and see what you changed.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  ECDryere Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:40 pm

I'm going to be making a new Customization video because we've added a lot of new features and information, as you will see in this next update! Shocked
ECDryere
ECDryere
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:41 pm

ECDryere wrote:I'm going to be making a new Customization video because we've added a lot of new features and information, as you will see in this next update! Shocked
affraid

EDIT: Okay. You made me ask. When's that patch coming?
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  ECDryere Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:54 pm

EvilNinjadude wrote: Okay. You made me ask. When's that patch coming?

We're shooting for this Tuesday! Very Happy
ECDryere
ECDryere
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:55 pm

ECDryere wrote:

Ow. Right in the free time.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  sirus Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:52 pm

Love how its looking, I was going to make some little picture buttons for each archetype and use them like a little menu instead of text links,

then from each page have their archetype nodes in there

Oh and evilninja - your awesome. Smile

sirus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zehezro Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:41 pm

ECDryere wrote:

soo looking forward to that Smile keep up the good work!
Zehezro
Zehezro

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

sirus wrote:Love how its looking, I was going to make some little picture buttons for each archetype and use them like a little menu instead of text links,

then from each page have their archetype nodes in there

Oh and evilninja - your awesome. Smile
cheers Thank you!
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

wiki creation  - Page 2 Empty Workin' the wiki walks.

Post  EvilNinjadude Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:13 pm

We're still working on structuring before we can flesh out the content and details.

Let's trash the idea how having long flowing lists, and instead sort everything using categories. Each page can be assigned many categories, and we're going to use that DIRECTLY to help the users.

It's simple really. Each ability will be categorized by its types, and its node. Each node will be categorized by its Archetype. The same for ships.

We'll need to draw attention to the category pages more than would be common, but looking at the complexity of Ring Runner, I think it's the best way.

Also planning a misc section expansion for useful info.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  ECDryere Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:17 pm

Sounds good. I plan to help out as much as I can overcome the next few months!
ECDryere
ECDryere
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:23 pm

ECDryere wrote:Sounds good. I plan to help out as much as I can overcome the next few months!
Has Paul told you to upload the pictures yet?

(That was while you were gone. Remember those pictures you get by right-clicking ship blueprint unlocks? You need those. I need those.

I talk like Nero.)
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  ECDryere Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:26 pm

I'll see what I can do when I get back from this Next Game Boss business.
ECDryere
ECDryere
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:29 pm

ECDryere wrote:I'll see what I can do when I get back from this Next Game Boss business.
Thank you cheers

I'll start working on categories. I've already set up the category category, the rest should just be reiteration.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:09 pm

I've done a lot on the wiki today! Most of it is linked through the front page, as it should be.

Next up:
1. Most info pages that should have category pages, need to have category pages and be linked with them.
2. Make a Stats Base Table template to give base values for stats.
3. Fill in specific content. This'll be the ultimate task, copying endless lines of writing and all that stuff.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

wiki creation  - Page 2 Empty Need help filling in Wiki

Post  EvilNinjadude Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:17 am

THE WIKI IS STRUCTURALLY COMPLETE!

The hard stuff is done. Everything else now is just grind-work. And this is where the rest of you can help out! I have made an ability-template for all the possible info we could ask for.

Here is a sample page: http://ringrunner.wikia.com/wiki/Longbow_Rockets
The infobox template can be inserted while editing using Add Other Templates and typing in "Template:Ability". This should get you to a menu where you fill in the basic details of the ability.

Check out the text at the bottom of http://ringrunner.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Ability for details.

If any of you use dual screens, even better. I have to constantly alt-tab in order to copy over text.
Don't forget to add the right Categories! (The Node, and what type(s) this ability is)

If this all seems a little much, guess what I've had to put up with.

EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:38 pm

Oh, and when adding equipment, please make the page name the equipment name. The name of the ability goes in the table header.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:44 pm

Nice work with the wiki ninja! cheers

Getting close to releasing the next patch, though it is mostly bug fixes and additional options. Most of my time is being spent finishing the single player campaign. Making good progress so far, still a ways to go though. Smile
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:17 pm

Paul Dryere wrote:Nice work with the wiki ninja! cheers

Getting close to releasing the next patch, though it is mostly bug fixes and additional options. Most of my time is being spent finishing the single player campaign. Making good progress so far, still a ways to go though. Smile
I imagine it is! Can't wait to get my hands on it.
You know, I've recently (2 weeks ago!) sat through the release of another game, this one a Flash. Its community was already well-established, fans numbering in the thousands, etc.
So, anyway, the beta for that game was essentially... the full game. The final version will be Free to Play (as an online Flash Game) but the way the fans were unleashed in order to test, tear apart (and even translate!) the game showed promise.

If I get the wiki anywhere near finished, and you guys upload the ship images, I can get back to translating campaign text. Of which, as we all know, there is a lot.

Also, I'd like ability images. Taking them off the game would result in low quality and wasted time, while you guys just have the images sitting around. (Talking about the images to the left of the equipment name in the hangar. I'd like them in all suitable colors, too)
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum