Ring Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More exciting Builds

2 posters

Go down

More exciting Builds Empty More exciting Builds

Post  EvilNinjadude Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:49 am

I've started making builds for both the R5F Pegasus and the G5A Wyveros. The one for the pegasus involves Recycling beacons, Gemini Laser, Smart Missiles, Disarmament and Disable Functions, as well as Both types of telefold, Thermal, dampening and Gemini Warheads.
The trick is to stack as many beacons on the guy as possible while firing rockets at him, then stopping him from shooting at you. I've beaten Gladiator mode with this build.

I'm calling it Dr. Nope.

The Pegasus is underpowered though, a node slot count is showing that it has less nodes than the G5 Ghost, even counting the agile drive. It doesn't even have a fixed cannon or advanced heatsink! And its Subterfuge slot is way too small.

The G5A Wyveros on the other hand, is OP. I can stroll into the enemy spire with the movement abilities, sit there and just kill everything. I won't die, I won't be held in place, and I can just grapplegrab anyone who tries to get away.

Also, G5A? G5A? srsly?
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

More exciting Builds Empty Re: More exciting Builds

Post  EvilNinjadude Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:28 pm

After finding it really hard to kill in the F5GR Aquiline in "Crazy as we", I decided to give it a test run myself.

And I found that its strength is mainly due to a large shield node at 6 slots, a feature taken from Grapplers. However, the only offensive slot we have is a single Mining Rig, forcing us to fill it up with offensive items and fill the other nodes with enough stuff to make the mining rig vaguely useful.

Went with a Hades Engine, Flex Shields, and a shield booster. Also, all manner of things to refill shields and boost offense based on stealth and speed.

The thing is, without a Gravmag platform, this thing is mainly relying on standard speed to get within range. The only reason the rest of the hull was made so powerful is to outweigh its direct offensive disadvantages. However, I also found it insanely OP versus single, standard Hulls, while being almost completely useless against structures.

It fits the concept it was made with, however, and I can't say I disapprove of the way it has finally turned out, even if it does not have the benefits of having all nodes complement each other.

Final Conclusion: Hades engine is too powerful, How powerful a hull's X component is depends not on roughly how big the node is, but whether the Node is just big enough to Hold the Hades Engine, or not.

EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:04 pm

I recently played a Pegasus with my bro while testing multiplayer, had to go in and slightly nerf a couple beacon related passives cause I was just decimating things. Cool Migrate Beacons was acting like chain lightning cause I had Deadly Beacons and a bunch of damage enhancement passives, it would just jump from ship to ship as it killed them. Shocked
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:44 am

Paul Dryere wrote:I recently played a Pegasus with my bro while testing multiplayer, had to go in and slightly nerf a couple beacon related passives cause I was just decimating things. Cool Migrate Beacons was acting like chain lightning cause I had Deadly Beacons and a bunch of damage enhancement passives, it would just jump from ship to ship as it killed them. Shocked
How about only dealing damage for newly placed beacons? Or was that not the point of the ability?

R5F Pegasus is the boss, by the way. It and the F5 Mercury are my absolute favorites. cyclops
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:01 am

Deadly Beacons deals its damage when a beacon is placed on a target, regardless of how it was placed currently, this even includes Recycle Beacons. I tweaked a few things and while the combo is still extremely powerful against swarmers, it is no longer flatly OP.

Those are my 2 favs as well, but I expect a number of balance changes to hulls once we get some proper multiplayer testing done.

Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:09 am

Paul Dryere wrote:Deadly Beacons deals its damage when a beacon is placed on a target, regardless of how it was placed currently, this even includes Recycle Beacons. I tweaked a few things and while the combo is still extremely powerful against swarmers, it is no longer flatly OP.

Those are my 2 favs as well, but I expect a number of balance changes to hulls once we get some proper multiplayer testing done.
nnnNNNOOOOOOOOOO

But I guess that's kinda necessary.

Though I personally cannot speak for all the builds, because I am terrible at casters and only moderate at arsenals and Grapplers. What we need is tons of people who are intelligent but don't yet know what they are good at.

btw. Does deadly beacons work in conjunction with recyclable beacons, when the beacon is reapplied randomly after it is consumed? And what extra damage, if any, does attempting to apply one more beacon to a 4-beaconed ship do?
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:20 am

When you apply a beacon to a ship with 4 beacons on it, your are effectively removing one beacon and adding one beacon. It use to be that recycle beacons could be triggered in this situation, this is no longer the case. Deadly beacons does something like 10 dmg per active beacon on a target each time a beacon is applied, meaning reapplying a 4th beacon does an extra 40 dmg. Deadly Beacons can get really nasty with Smart Rockets and the Gemini Rocket passive. Cool

On a side note, I've just finished the initial balancing of the online version of the Gladiator mode. The online version allows up to 4 player coop, for each player, a corresponding boss mob is spawned per wave. The mode has been made a bit faster paced overall.

We are hoping to have the final testing done this weekend, then we just need to make sure we set up the auto updating system for our game correctly before we release the demo! bounce
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:42 am

Paul Dryere wrote:When you apply a beacon to a ship with 4 beacons on it, your are effectively removing one beacon and adding one beacon. It use to be that recycle beacons could be triggered in this situation, this is no longer the case. Deadly beacons does something like 10 dmg per active beacon on a target each time a beacon is applied, meaning reapplying a 4th beacon does an extra 40 dmg. Deadly Beacons can get really nasty with Smart Rockets and the Gemini Rocket passive. Cool

On a side note, I've just finished the initial balancing of the online version of the Gladiator mode. The online version allows up to 4 player coop, for each player, a corresponding boss mob is spawned per wave. The mode has been made a bit faster paced overall.

We are hoping to have the final testing done this weekend, then we just need to make sure we set up the auto updating system for our game correctly before we release the demo! bounce
THEN WE CAN TEST TOGETHER! FOR VICTORY!

I'm so hyped! btw, is this beta distributable (within limits) or should we keep it to ourselves?
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:10 pm

Well, we do have to pay a monthly fee to run the servers for multiplayer, and that fee is based on number of users. So we will probably wanna keep the initial tests somewhat small, and then open it up closer to release.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:16 pm

Paul Dryere wrote:Well, we do have to pay a monthly fee to run the servers for multiplayer, and that fee is based on number of users. So we will probably wanna keep the initial tests somewhat small, and then open it up closer to release.
We'll stick with that then, until we know how much of the other sages are going to come back for the Multiplayer beta.

By the way, how're you going to put out the word? If at all (but I think I remember hearing you would)?
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:14 pm

We will make a kickstarter update for all the sages once the demo comes out, hopefully we will get a small group of active players going.

As for getting the word out for the larger testing, hopefully we will be getting some exposure in the coming months from being on The Next Game Boss, we also recently did an interview for PC Gamer which should help. Basically we just have to break a certain threshold of popularity for us to "tip" sort of speak, if that doesn't happen then we likely won't have a large player base until after release (hopefully). Razz
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:52 am

On-Topic: Sweet jesus, the R5A Atamal is OP. I thought so while fighting it, but now while I am playing it, it is even more so. I'll make a quick video going over the slots and bindings, and an example of the game play. Hint: The build I'm using with it involves no active gemini-placing abilities!
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:20 pm

A video of me playing the overpowered Atamal for about 10 minutes.

Hah. Maybe next time I should use the Atamal shield gen for added hilarity. And maybe Stellar Harvest mine cores as well.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down