Ring Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Store - FAQ

3 posters

Go down

Store - FAQ Empty Store - FAQ

Post  ECDryere Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:08 am

All items purchasable in our shop are digital.

Minimum System Requirements

How are multiplayer access and upgrade codes delivered once purchased through PayPal?
An email will be sent to you containing the necessary information (i.e. private link for download or code). The message will be sent to whichever email address you used when making your payment through PayPal. You should receive this email within minutes of your purchase, but please be aware that we are currently having to fill out these requests manually, so the process can take some time. We're currently looking into a way to safely automate the process. Thank you for your patience! I love you

Do Kickstarter Backers need to purchase anything additional to gain early access to the multiplayer beta?
Nope! All of our Kickstarter Backers will gain immediate access to the multiplayer versions of our beta as soon as it is available. All pledges under $40 will receive Class 3 Access. $40-50 Backers will have Class 4 Access. Backers who pledged $75 and up will have Class 5 Access. ON MARCH 2ND, ALL PRE-PURCHASERS AND BACKERS OF $15 OR MORE WILL RECEIVE CLASS 5 MULTIPLAYER ACCESS

Why do all Kickstarter Backers who pledged over $15 and customers who Pre-Purchased the game at $15 or more get CLASS 5 access on March 2nd, 2013?
Because we want to ensure that Ring Runner will be able to allow for competitive multiplayer, high-end balance is very important. Our internal testing is limited to my brother, wife, a few friends, and myself, so we need your help to fine tune the game. We are committed to listening to your feedback and taking all suggestions into account. We couldn't hope to make this game great without our loyal fans. I love you

If everyone is getting Class 5 access on March 2nd, 2013, what's the point in upgrading now?
Upgrading now will give you immediate access to the next rank of hulls and level of skills; you won't have to wait until March! More importantly, it offers players a reward for a donation that will help our development continue full-steam ahead until launch. We're also working on a way to reward players who were generous enough to upgrade even after March 2nd (This includes all Kickstarter Backers at an amount of $40 or higher). cheers

Is the game DRM free?
While we are targeting Steam for distribution, we intend to provide fully DRM-Free versions through other venues. The game itself does not require a constant internet connection to play.

Are there plans for an OSX, Linux, or iOS version?
Our focus is to release a quality version on Windows platforms, but if the game is successful, we have every intent to make it available to Mac and Linux users. Currently, you can play the game on a Mac if you bootcamp Windows.

As far as playing this game on mobile devices (with iOS or Android), we'll do what we can. The control scheme should translate fairly well to touch screens, but it will require a device with considerable graphical power to run.

Is multiplayer mandatory?
While the end game modes encourages coop and versus online play, it is never required. The game can be enjoyed entirely single-player.

What program or website did you use to generate your word clouds?
We used: Wordle!

Please feel free to ask any other questions you have. We'll get to them as soon as we can.

Last edited by ECDryere on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
ECDryere
ECDryere
Admin

http://ringrunner.net

Back to top Go down

Store - FAQ Empty Re: Store - FAQ

Post  madpinger Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:30 am

So the tiered class access is the class level of ships available in each version of the beta, I'm unsure as to what you mean.

Sorry I missed out on the Kickstarter. Just found out about ya.
madpinger
madpinger

Back to top Go down

Post  ECDryere Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:48 am

Hi, Madpinger! Glad to have ya. Yes, the different tiers grant access to more advanced ships. Of course, by purchasing the game you will have full access to all of the 65 ships upon release, but you can get early access to Rank 4 by purchasing the class 4 beta at 40 dollars. In addition to this, you'll receive the soundtrack and the novel, plus you'll be helping support us financially as we finish the game! Wink

Try it out, and if you ever want to upgrade just send me a message and we can work something out -- even if you'd prefer not to pay for the soundtrack and/or novel.

Thanks for purchasing Ring Runner! We look forward to hearing your feedback. Very Happy
-Enrique
ECDryere
ECDryere
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  madpinger Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:01 am

Hmm, Well. That's one way to do the marketing.
How will the access levels to these classes be handled ? (Such as serial, different builds of the beta client, etc)
Also, this of course is not a restriction once the game has been released, it'll be the full title with access to all ships and gear, not otherwise sold sep. ? (the age of Micro transactions and DLC has made life so fun :p )
madpinger
madpinger

Back to top Go down

Post  ECDryere Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:56 pm

Precisely. Once the game is released, everyone who bought the game at any level has access to all ships and content. Very Happy

The different access is currently handled through different builds. Though that might change as we release our multiplayer versions around the end of December.
ECDryere
ECDryere
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BIoWeapons Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:17 pm

I just purchased the pre-order for 15$ through the store, Just wondering how I receive my copy of the beta, and also the game once it is released. Does the code get sent to my Paypal email?
BIoWeapons
BIoWeapons

Back to top Go down

Post  ECDryere Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:55 pm

BIoWeapons wrote:I just purchased the pre-order for 15$ through the store, Just wondering how I receive my copy of the beta, and also the game once it is released. Does the code get sent to my Paypal email?

Good questions! I will add answers to the FAQ above. You should have received your link to download the game now. Let me know right away if you haven't!
ECDryere
ECDryere
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum