Ring Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laboratory suggestions.

3 posters

Go down

Laboratory suggestions.   Empty Laboratory suggestions.

Post  mrvideogame Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:03 am

I love the idea of the lab, but at the moment it seams like it could be better. I think the queue list should have a limit (lets say three at the start),and every time you upgrade the lab you can add more to the list,to a max of ten maybe? I also think that there should be a "constant research" option, it would basically go around the queue list at the cost of not getting to pick what is researched,it taking longer to research,and there being a "break time" between researching items(anywhere from ten minuets to an hour). What are your thoughts on this?

mrvideogame

Back to top Go down

Laboratory suggestions.   Empty Re: Laboratory suggestions.

Post  Paul Dryere Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:03 pm

We did discuss whether or not we should allow the player to queue multiple research tasks. We settled on a single queued item for simplicity (of implementation and use). Currently the queued item will continue indefinitely, and if you have researched everything in the queued category it will default to the a more generic category (i.e. if you queued Engine Research and all Engine parts have been discovered you would begin Researching Equipment of any node type).

One thing we are going to change before release is the way the lab is upgraded. We will be having lab upgrades come throughout the single player campaign and from certain challenge missions, as opposed to simply purchasing upgrades.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  perplexingTheorist Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:59 pm

Paul Dryere wrote:We did discuss whether or not we should allow the player to queue multiple research tasks. We settled on a single queued item for simplicity (of implementation and use). Currently the queued item will continue indefinitely, and if you have researched everything in the queued category it will default to the a more generic category (i.e. if you queued Engine Research and all Engine parts have been discovered you would begin Researching Equipment of any node type).

One thing we are going to change before release is the way the lab is upgraded. We will be having lab upgrades come throughout the single player campaign and from certain challenge missions, as opposed to simply purchasing upgrades.

is there going to be a lab level cap? because as of right now i cannot go past level 5
perplexingTheorist
perplexingTheorist

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:12 pm

The current planned cap for release is lvl 10, which would be twice as fast as a lvl 1 lab.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  perplexingTheorist Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:27 pm

Paul Dryere wrote:The current planned cap for release is lvl 10, which would be twice as fast as a lvl 1 lab.

oh okay
i'm assuming it's capped at 5 for the alpha then
perplexingTheorist
perplexingTheorist

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:28 pm

Yep Smile
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down