Ring Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teclado 500: Please help I'm completely stuck!

3 posters

Go down

Teclado 500: Please help I'm completely stuck! Empty Teclado 500: Please help I'm completely stuck!

Post  sircucumber Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:02 am

Hi, I've invested hours in this amazing game and the mission "Teclado 500" now has me at my wits end. It is a racing mission where you are given an F5 Mercury, which you cannot modify, with no abilities whatsoever. The two computer opponents have a faster top speed than you, and no matter how well I do I just can't seem to pull ahead of them for long.

The achievements indicate that 2 laps can be completed in 160 seconds (80 seconds per lap), but my best time on single lap so far is about 97 seconds.

I have played through the entire game to this point on Flooded Pool difficulty, and I've now reduced the difficultly all the way to Rookie. I still can't beat this mission.

Am I doing something terribly wrong, or is there something broken about this mission?

Please someone help! I love this game so much and can't let it end like this.

sircucumber

Back to top Go down

Teclado 500: Please help I'm completely stuck! Empty Re: Teclado 500: Please help I'm completely stuck!

Post  Paul Dryere Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:23 am

Hey Sircucumber,

It sounds like you might be playing on an old version of the game, since that mission was tweaked quite some time ago to be only one lap long. If you are playing the GoG version, please make sure you have the latest update downloaded. The game version should be 1.1.0.7. You can check the version on the bottom left of the main menu screen.

You should have the same top speed as the other racers, as long as you hold down your afterburners.

If you are interested in getting the game on steam, I can send you a key if you email RRCrashReport@gmail.com. The steam version has quite a few unique features that take advantage of steam works.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Teclado 500: Please help I'm completely stuck! Empty Re: Teclado 500: Please help I'm completely stuck!

Post  EvilNinjadude Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:37 am

I really gotta make a video of me beating that mission, it seems to have a great deal of people in fits (of rage)
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Teclado 500: Please help I'm completely stuck! Empty Thanks Paul!

Post  sircucumber Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:42 pm

Hey Paul, thanks so much for the quick and detailed reply. I did have an old GoG version, and was able to update no problem. I think I installed the patch okay but my afterburners were still not as fast as the other ships, even on rookie difficulty. I'm now able to skip levels though, so I just did that. You guys really made a masterpiece here.

sircucumber

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down