Ring Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deathmatch?

4 posters

Go down

Deathmatch? Empty Deathmatch?

Post  Aratex Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:05 am

So I was wondering, in the singleplayer theres a mission where you go into a Deathmatch mode against some angry parents.

Basically going to keep it short. Mindless Deathmatch Multiplayer mode?
Aratex
Aratex

Back to top Go down

Deathmatch? Empty Re: Deathmatch?

Post  Zehezro Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:11 am

deathmatch mode sounds interesting for multiplayer!
Zehezro
Zehezro

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:35 am

Basically, people are going to clamor for it. I don't know the capacity of the versus Spire Battles: I would hope for 4v4 Multiplayer! If not now, then maybe later.

But since you're talking Brainless: It's possible, but as to whether it is desirable, leave it to the devs to decide.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Aratex Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:20 pm

We can't really judge Spire Battles too much since it is hardly finished.
Aratex
Aratex

Back to top Go down

Post  ECDryere Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:33 pm

Spire battles may be up to 4v4. Same with Deathmatches, which will be very much like the mission you mentioned. Our netcode can definitely support 4v4, but we're still considering limiting them to 3v3 to reduce the "noise and chaos" of so many people entering the fray at once.

We're also still trying to decide whether to make Deathmatches a quick-spawning bedlam or a more "round" based approach, similar to CounterStrike. What would you guys prefer?
ECDryere
ECDryere
Admin

http://ringrunner.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Zehezro Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:01 am

ECDryere wrote: We're also still trying to decide whether to make Deathmatches a quick-spawning bedlam or a more "round" based approach, similar to CounterStrike. What would you guys prefer?

I think it should be round based approach, but not as long as it is in spire battle (the wait time can get a bit long in the end). If you spawn faster, i think it will be overall more fun as even if you get destroyed over and over, you dont have to wait to long before you can get into the battle agian. Hope this could be to some use Smile
Zehezro
Zehezro

Back to top Go down

Post  Aratex Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:05 pm

ECDryere wrote:Spire battles may be up to 4v4. Same with Deathmatches, which will be very much like the mission you mentioned. Our netcode can definitely support 4v4, but we're still considering limiting them to 3v3 to reduce the "noise and chaos" of so many people entering the fray at once.

We're also still trying to decide whether to make Deathmatches a quick-spawning bedlam or a more "round" based approach, similar to CounterStrike. What would you guys prefer?

This totally phased me, didn't realize you had ever answered. I apologize

But a Quick-spawning bedlam would be fun just to have some variety from the other modes where there is either a timer or had to wait for each round.

It would be perfect for testing skill and to actually have some quick short matches, the modes in there now take atleast 20 min which you don't always have.
Aratex
Aratex

Back to top Go down

Post  ECDryere Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:18 pm

That's a very good point. My thoughts were that we should keep Deathmatches as quick and simple as possible too. The only thing we might add is some kind of repulsors to protect from spawn-camping in Team Deathmatches -- particularly from setting up mines and turrets directly on the spawnatron area. Another choice would be to have random spawn points, but I tend to prefer centralized spawning for coordination and tactical reasons. In every-man-for-themselves Deathmatches, random spawn points should work fine.

What do you think?
ECDryere
ECDryere
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aratex Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:17 pm

I like the idea of random spawn points but we have all seen how exactly they can tend to flesh out in games like call of duty.

However, If there should be like a centralized spawning then you'd need something to draw people away from the spawner, like Repair stations or something like that. That in it self might draw people to set up their defenses elsewhere.

Although i think Team Deathmatch would be cool, I think adding a free for all mode should be prioritized since there is already a team mode.

The technique above would work if you were playing with friends. However I don't think it would work with random people for the very reason that if a match were to be one-sided and the winning player would just fly around in the corner of the map and flee every time someone came near them.

The point system would have to be a bit more advanced to counteract this I think to give some incentive to chase that one person down who's hiding and/or fleeing. Say they're on a killing spree, there should now be bonus points for killing that guy, and/or bonus plex.

In the campaign I sorta liked the idea of Runners fighting over duril. Maybe it could be incorporated so that you'd be driven by greed Very Happy

Last edited by Aratex on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aratex
Aratex

Back to top Go down

Post  ECDryere Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:20 pm

Very interesting! We'll consider this possibility.
ECDryere
ECDryere
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aratex Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:23 pm

Also in order to answer your message earlier completely let me quote

ECDryere wrote:Spire battles may be up to 4v4. Same with Deathmatches, which will be very much like the mission you mentioned. Our netcode can definitely support 4v4, but we're still considering limiting them to 3v3 to reduce the "noise and chaos" of so many people entering the fray at once.

I think that 4v4 is perfect for spire battles, the more people the more tactics can be deployed therefore more rewarding to play with a team in my opinion.
Aratex
Aratex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum