Ring Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

problem with dvorak mission

3 posters

Go down

problem with dvorak mission Empty problem with dvorak mission

Post  syther Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:59 am

today i have been trying to do the the new campain missions but i have run into a problem when i try tho start the dvorak mission i crash to desktop with no errors. i have tryed multiple ships and restarting the game but no luck.
when i start the mission i can hear the ship for a sec but before i can see the level itself the game crash.

best reguards Lennart Kristensen
syther
syther

Back to top Go down

problem with dvorak mission Empty Re: problem with dvorak mission

Post  EvilNinjadude Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:36 am

And all of the other missions work?
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  syther Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:41 am

EvilNinjadude wrote:And all of the other missions work?

have not had any problems with any other mission before it (that also include all the senario/arcade missions)
syther
syther

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:32 pm

I recently changed the background of the Dvorak mission to use the new type of background I added this last patch (Large Star and Nebula at the same time). To see if this is somehow the issue, could you try playing Terminal Boredom in the Litter Glitter Galaxy? I also changed its background.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  syther Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:40 pm

Paul Dryere wrote:I recently changed the background of the Dvorak mission to use the new type of background I added this last patch (Large Star and Nebula at the same time). To see if this is somehow the issue, could you try playing Terminal Boredom in the Litter Glitter Galaxy? I also changed its background.

Terminal Boredom works no problem and i hear aratex/alex got the same issue in dvorak after the patch
syther
syther

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:43 pm

Paul Dryere wrote:I recently changed the background of the Dvorak mission to use the new type of background I added this last patch (Large Star and Nebula at the same time). To see if this is somehow the issue, could you try playing Terminal Boredom in the Litter Glitter Galaxy? I also changed its background.
For comparison purposes, I just tested the mission as well. It works on my side, just like the other one.

Also, Missles.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:49 pm

Hmm, had you played the mission before the patch? Trying to make sure it is a problem with something I did recently. I'm going to be looking into attaching a debugger to the beta so I can get so more info on these crashes. Because right now, If I can't replicate it, then it is extremely hard to track down and fix.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:50 pm

Fixed missles typo. Smile
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  syther Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:55 pm

Paul Dryere wrote:Hmm, had you played the mission before the patch? Trying to make sure it is a problem with something I did recently. I'm going to be looking into attaching a debugger to the beta so I can get so more info on these crashes. Because right now, If I can't replicate it, then it is extremely hard to track down and fix.

bordom i have played but not dvorak. aratex have played it before patch with no issues
syther
syther

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:05 pm

Having trouble replicating it on my machine, adding a debugger to the beta release is now a top priority, hopefully it will be in the next patch. It should make fixing these sort of things a lot easier. Smile
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:23 pm

Paul Dryere wrote:Having trouble replicating it on my machine, adding a debugger to the beta release is now a top priority, hopefully it will be in the next patch. It should make fixing these sort of things a lot easier. Smile
I'm interested in how a Debugger-thingy works! Can you explain what it does exactly?
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:34 pm

At its simplest, it tells you the line of code that caused the crash and an exception type (i.e. null reference, key not found, etc). It will also will have information on the call stack (functions that were called in order to get to the offending line of code). It is then up to the programmer to figure out how the exception occurred and fix it.

I have never attached a debugger to a ClickOnce application, so I'm hoping it is going to be possible. Smile
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down