I now take Filming Requests!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I now take Filming Requests!

Post  EvilNinjadude on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:35 am

I've already made one or two short films, which I may redo or upload depending on their quality. I already have one Youtube account, so I'll just use that one.

Special Videos may involve me opening a new thread, but I don't know whether I'll leave all this stuff out here on the forums or take them into the Sage's Lounge. What do you guys think?

EvilNinjadude

Posts : 550
Join date : 2012-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now take Filming Requests!

Post  perplexingTheorist on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:07 pm

EvilNinjadude wrote:I've already made one or two short films, which I may redo or upload depending on their quality. I already have one Youtube account, so I'll just use that one.

Special Videos may involve me opening a new thread, but I don't know whether I'll leave all this stuff out here on the forums or take them into the Sage's Lounge. What do you guys think?
What's your youtube account? I wanna subscribe and see your videos :3

and i'd leave no challenge stuff out of the sage forums to encourage all non-sage members to be active

perplexingTheorist

Posts : 247
Join date : 2012-11-22
Age : 22
Location : Troy, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now take Filming Requests!

Post  EvilNinjadude on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:48 am

perplexingThoerist wrote:
EvilNinjadude wrote:I've already made one or two short films, which I may redo or upload depending on their quality. I already have one Youtube account, so I'll just use that one.

Special Videos may involve me opening a new thread, but I don't know whether I'll leave all this stuff out here on the forums or take them into the Sage's Lounge. What do you guys think?
What's your youtube account? I wanna subscribe and see your videos :3

and i'd leave no challenge stuff out of the sage forums to encourage all non-sage members to be active
Okie-dokie. I've already done a proper recording setup for bandicam, involves windowed mode, fullscreen capture and a hidden Taskbar. Or is there a better way?

I've shot that video I asked You to do earlier, just in case you had a bad case of The Absence. However, while trying to take out the beginning and end (where I go to the desktop) using Windows Movie Maker, my PC tells me I don't have enough memory. W00t, is 4GB RAM and an empty Hard Drive not good enough for this thing?

EvilNinjadude

Posts : 550
Join date : 2012-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now take Filming Requests!

Post  perplexingTheorist on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:53 am

EvilNinjadude wrote:
perplexingThoerist wrote:
EvilNinjadude wrote:I've already made one or two short films, which I may redo or upload depending on their quality. I already have one Youtube account, so I'll just use that one.

Special Videos may involve me opening a new thread, but I don't know whether I'll leave all this stuff out here on the forums or take them into the Sage's Lounge. What do you guys think?
What's your youtube account? I wanna subscribe and see your videos :3

and i'd leave no challenge stuff out of the sage forums to encourage all non-sage members to be active
Okie-dokie. I've already done a proper recording setup for bandicam, involves windowed mode, fullscreen capture and a hidden Taskbar. Or is there a better way?

I've shot that video I asked You to do earlier, just in case you had a bad case of The Absence. However, while trying to take out the beginning and end (where I go to the desktop) using Windows Movie Maker, my PC tells me I don't have enough memory. W00t, is 4GB RAM and an empty Hard Drive not good enough for this thing?

yeah, sorry about that. I got distracted by steam sales and stuff >n<

also, windows movie maker kinda just sucks ass. I hear there is some program made by sony that is better, but i don't think it's free.

perplexingTheorist

Posts : 247
Join date : 2012-11-22
Age : 22
Location : Troy, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now take Filming Requests!

Post  EvilNinjadude on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:12 am

But seriously, Bandicam just sorta goes, "Let's take all this footage and put it together in the video, AS YOU ARE PLAYING THE GAME AND MAKING THE VIDEO". Windows movie maker is like, "Oh, your video is finished and I just have to cut something off? Let me take apart the file, put and recompile and THEN extract it; just give me 10 minutes per minute of video and ALL YOUR SYSTEM RESOURCES. Oh, and no guarantees that I won't crash during the whole thing."

I hope software technology gets better one day.

EvilNinjadude

Posts : 550
Join date : 2012-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now take Filming Requests!

Post  perplexingTheorist on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:45 pm

EvilNinjadude wrote:But seriously, Bandicam just sorta goes, "Let's take all this footage and put it together in the video, AS YOU ARE PLAYING THE GAME AND MAKING THE VIDEO". Windows movie maker is like, "Oh, your video is finished and I just have to cut something off? Let me take apart the file, put and recompile and THEN extract it; just give me 10 minutes per minute of video and ALL YOUR SYSTEM RESOURCES. Oh, and no guarantees that I won't crash during the whole thing."

I hope software technology gets better one day.

it is and has
it's just that windows based media programs suck
.avi files are crap and glitchy, windows movie maker is a load of bull, and windows media player just sucks

perplexingTheorist

Posts : 247
Join date : 2012-11-22
Age : 22
Location : Troy, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now take Filming Requests!

Post  EvilNinjadude on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:48 pm

perplexingThoerist wrote:
EvilNinjadude wrote:But seriously, Bandicam just sorta goes, "Let's take all this footage and put it together in the video, AS YOU ARE PLAYING THE GAME AND MAKING THE VIDEO". Windows movie maker is like, "Oh, your video is finished and I just have to cut something off? Let me take apart the file, put and recompile and THEN extract it; just give me 10 minutes per minute of video and ALL YOUR SYSTEM RESOURCES. Oh, and no guarantees that I won't crash during the whole thing."

I hope software technology gets better one day.

it is and has
it's just that windows based media programs suck
.avi files are crap and glitchy, windows movie maker is a load of bull, and windows media player just sucks
Read a review, says it's the best-equipped free one there is.

Now whether I need half of the crap and whether it can actually be handled by my PC is a question which, in retrospect, should be obvious but is not. After all, Bandicam seemed to handle stuff like that just fine. And anyway, i wasn't saving it as a .avi file.

And I ain't using no WMP. You gotta pay me if you want me to use it, and then I'll just sneak VLC in anyway.

EvilNinjadude

Posts : 550
Join date : 2012-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now take Filming Requests!

Post  perplexingTheorist on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:31 pm

EvilNinjadude wrote:Read a review, says it's the best-equipped free one there is.

Now whether I need half of the crap and whether it can actually be handled by my PC is a question which, in retrospect, should be obvious but is not. After all, Bandicam seemed to handle stuff like that just fine. And anyway, i wasn't saving it as a .avi file.

And I ain't using no WMP. You gotta pay me if you want me to use it, and then I'll just sneak VLC in anyway.

It's really the best? I've just have had shitty experiences with it all around. I heard sony had something that was not free, but better (and more complex) than windows movie maker.

As for a media player,i just use the combined community codek pack in conjunction with media player classic for everything, and it works pretty fine.

perplexingTheorist

Posts : 247
Join date : 2012-11-22
Age : 22
Location : Troy, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now take Filming Requests!

Post  EvilNinjadude on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:51 pm

That's alright I guess.


EDIT: Video is uploaded! I will embed or link it once Youtube has finished processing it!


In case unlisted vids don't work, here, just use the link itself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hKoF87nFe8

I'll be back tomorrow.


Last edited by EvilNinjadude on Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Video!)

EvilNinjadude

Posts : 550
Join date : 2012-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now take Filming Requests!

Post  perplexingTheorist on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:18 am

EvilNinjadude wrote:That's alright I guess.


EDIT: Video is uploaded! I will embed or link it once Youtube has finished processing it!


In case unlisted vids don't work, here, just use the link itself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hKoF87nFe8

I'll be back tomorrow.

Heh, pretty cool
sorry i never got tot doing it myself

perplexingTheorist

Posts : 247
Join date : 2012-11-22
Age : 22
Location : Troy, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now take Filming Requests!

Post  EvilNinjadude on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:51 am

It's alright, I actually thought you would be more upset about not being able to do it than me about"having" to do it. Very Happy

EvilNinjadude

Posts : 550
Join date : 2012-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now take Filming Requests!

Post  EvilNinjadude on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:21 pm

New video, R5A Atamal. Mines are coming for you soon.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK6swf09D5s

EvilNinjadude

Posts : 550
Join date : 2012-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now take Filming Requests!

Post  Paul Dryere on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:34 pm

It says the video is private when I try to watch it. Sad

Paul Dryere

Posts : 504
Join date : 2012-02-28
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now take Filming Requests!

Post  EvilNinjadude on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:34 am

Agh. Forgot to change the settings when I went to bed last night... or was it this morning? The next time you check, it will be fixed.

EvilNinjadude

Posts : 550
Join date : 2012-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now take Filming Requests!

Post  Paul Dryere on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:51 am

That last boss was on to your tricks. Smile What difficulty was that on? The build is definitely powerful, but vulnerable to certain abilities, i.e. Sage Shield, Athenos Defense System, Sage Wave, etc. Oh yeah, Redirect and RLS could be really nasty too. Cool

Paul Dryere

Posts : 504
Join date : 2012-02-28
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now take Filming Requests!

Post  EvilNinjadude on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:06 am

If I'm sitting in a Rank 5 Hull, you can always safely assume that I am playing on flooded gate, AS USUAL. Razz

I admire your knowledge of the game's skill list Razz However, the Athenos defence system does NOT take into account Stealth mines, plus it has a cooldown. In matches where I am not constantly being charged by minor enemies, instead facing players or AI who know what they are doing, I will quick-drop sentinel mines to deter them once the skill has stopped acting.

Sage shield will obliterate any minefield you can set up, but the Pluton Minelayer does not care for your shenanigans and will drive straight through your circle, lay mines on top of your hull, and disable you while placing gemini beacons. Then, I will proceed to Gravector the remaining mines on top of you.

Sage wave? Same thing, Pluton Minelayer just ignores whatever you can throw at it. Then, if you do discover me, expect more sentinel mines.

The redirect beam worries me quite a bit more. I wouldn't fancy taking all that damage myself, ESPECIALLY if the player using it then proceeds to gleefully plunge into my minefield. No affraid No

Unfortunately, I do not currently know of an ability by the name of RLS that would help someone survive or counter this build. Question

EvilNinjadude

Posts : 550
Join date : 2012-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now take Filming Requests!

Post  Paul Dryere on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:05 pm

The Retaliation Laser System, the Arsenal ability that is basically like thorns from Diablo II. Smile

If the Arsenal that uses it has higher shields, which chances are they do, they can just run into your mine field and kill you. Razz

Paul Dryere

Posts : 504
Join date : 2012-02-28
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now take Filming Requests!

Post  Paul Dryere on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:09 pm

Also running into a grappler with anti-mine and advanced anti-mine plating could prove a bit bothersome.

One of the things we are planning to add to the empty veterancy/corona nodes are things that will help fight disabling/disarming. Most likely just duration reduction, but we will see what we come up with. Smile

Paul Dryere

Posts : 504
Join date : 2012-02-28
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now take Filming Requests!

Post  Paul Dryere on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:10 pm

Also, I was thinking about adding a difficulty level beyond flooded gate, what do you think?

Paul Dryere

Posts : 504
Join date : 2012-02-28
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now take Filming Requests!

Post  EvilNinjadude on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:39 pm

You've mentioned adding a higher difficulty level before, but you can do this by either adding a new one, at the top or in between, or raising the difficulty of all the other ones. That's for you to decide.

You mean the Nemesis Retaliation System? (I checked my mental database for the acronym RLS, but could only find NRS) I've talked about that briefly. My basic impression was that it was OP Razz

Just checked out Advanced Anti-mine plating, and I think I've run into it before on one of the more advanced ships in wave mode. Took ages to take him out, but it's easier if they cannot move, shoot, or defend themselves. Shield breaker helps too.

Every build is well-off having a counter, which is why I keep a ship with Tempraflect Plating in my Arsenal just in case.

I'm hoping we'll be able to talk about balance more as soon as more of the Sages show up again! cheers

EvilNinjadude

Posts : 550
Join date : 2012-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now take Filming Requests!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum