Ability linking/multi-mapping

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ability linking/multi-mapping

Post  perplexingTheorist on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:23 pm

Okay guys, I had an idea in the shower today and I'd like for you all to hear me out on it.

I've noticed I've been falling into using a lot of abilities in specific combos, so what if there was a way in game to map those combos to the available ability slots?

I don't think this would really effect game play that much, except for freeing up space for ability hoarders and allowing for people to create interesting ability combos that doesn't entirely rely on their timing with hitting keys/buttons.

Like, i use the star duster almost exclusively with the plasma trail, but i find it sometimes of an annoyance when flying the ship to hit the two keys to activate them both in conjunction because of the mapping set up i have. If i could link the plasma trail to activate when the star duster is activated, that would save me an ability space.

Now, that's just an example, but there are a lot of combos that could be executed more easily with this sort of linkage between ability activation.
As well, it could be used to fill in the empty veterancy slots that have been bothering me for a really long time.

so, what do you guys think?
perplexingTheorist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ability linking/multi-mapping

Post  Paul Dryere on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:09 pm

This would have to be handled through some sort of in game macro system, and while it's an interesting idea, it is not trivial to fully implement. This is a feature that my be added in the future, but probably not in time for release.

As for the empty Veterancy and Corona nodes, these will eventually be filled by passive/stat based equipment. Veterancy passives will be unlocked through challenge missions and sold in the store for very high cost. Corona passives will be unlocked in the Subrostrum Arcade.
Paul Dryere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top