Kudos on the story, setting and beginning of the game!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kudos on the story, setting and beginning of the game!

Post  Strand on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:27 pm

This is just a quick post to say how much I'm enjoying the story elements thus far. Coupled with the engaging and unique gameplay, I believe that this may well be the first tutorial or 'intro' area that I've actually had fun playing through in nearly 33 years of gaming.

Most tutorials are either mundane, unnecessary or downright insulting. Yours doesn't handhold too much--it gives just the right amount of guidance while being unobtrusive. The clever writing and well-realized universe in which the game is set is a benefit to the immersion as well. I'm genuinely excited about the next game mechanic that'll be taught to me. It's an unfamiliar sensation, to be honest.

Also, thanks for the personal note on Kickstarter. It directed me here!

Strand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kudos on the story, setting and beginning of the game!

Post  ECDryere on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:36 pm

My pleasure! And thank you for the kind words. Very Happy That is a very high compliment!

Since many of our hundreds of abilities present new game play mechanics, we decided to blend the "tutorial" aspects of our game right into the actual flow of the introduction. I'm really glad you're enjoying it so far!

ECDryere
Admin

View user profile http://ringrunner.net

Back to top Go down

Praise for the Introduction

Post  broodwolf on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:56 pm

Strand wrote:
Most tutorials are either mundane, unnecessary or downright insulting. Yours doesn't handhold too much--it gives just the right amount of guidance while being unobtrusive. The clever writing and well-realized universe in which the game is set is a benefit to the immersion as well. I'm genuinely excited about the next game mechanic that'll be taught to me.

I'm an amateur game developer working on a space game of my own. First off, I'm posting here with 5 minutes of gameplay under my belt, so I'm ignorant of everything that goes on after the intro. That said, I totally agree that the introductory tutorial is great!

I have some specific points of contention about those first five minutes that I feel must be addressed before launch, but they belong in Technical.

broodwolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kudos on the story, setting and beginning of the game!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top