Mouse controls acting like joystick controls

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mouse controls acting like joystick controls

Post  Byte56 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:53 am

Whenever I load up the demo, the mouse is acting like a joystick. As if it has a center that I need to align the mouse over to get the cursor to stay still. The mouse buttons don't activate menu items and the only keyboard buttons that work are Enter and Esc. The other controls listed (E for example) don't do anything. I was able to get to the settings menu and the setting shows it's set for Mouse + Keyboard. I tried setting the aiming to direct mouse aiming, but that didn't work. I started the story as well, but was unable to use the keyboard to accelerate so I just get blown up in the station.

This is the 0.8.0.1 version. I was able to get the mouse to work properly once, when I restarted the game, but as soon as I use any of the menu controls it switches back to "joystick" control. It shows the XBox controller for the controls when starting up, if that matters.

Thanks. I like what I saw of the story so far Smile

Byte56

Back to top Go down

Re: Mouse controls acting like joystick controls

Post  Paul Dryere on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:28 pm

Hmm, that is a new one. Shocked

The UI can sometimes have troubles if you are running multiple monitors, but I've never run into the keyboard not responding. If nothing else, you could use a gamepad if you have one (any XInput capable gamepad should work).

Would you mind posting your system specs?

Thanks,
-Paul
Paul Dryere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Byte56 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:30 pm

Got it working. I appears that Synergy does not play nice with your game Smile Synergy was running, but the second computer wasn't even turned on, so apparently that's enough. I guess that's something to keep in mind for the future. Simply ending the Synergy process made it work.

Byte56

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:20 pm

Glad to hear it! Very Happy
Paul Dryere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down