Does anyone have a trainer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does anyone have a trainer?

Post  Innomen on Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:04 pm

I want to see the dialog and the story of the mission I'm being forced to skip. A level 5 arsenal ship even on rookie is insufficient to avoid instant death in the assault and batteries mission. I'm not interested in debate or scolding, I got plenty of that back on the steam forums. Even got called a troll by a friend for the assertion and its related defenses.

If I skip the mission it acts like I didn't help pita, I want to know why first hand.

This means I need a god mode cheat or a way to edit my save to add like five zeros to my armor.

Or can someone confirm for me the helping pita is a joke option and I'm supposed to be dying instantly for daring the challenge the drone base?

Innomen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anyone have a trainer?

Post  Blurb on Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:13 pm

Without information on what you're doing and how you're dying, it's difficult/impossible to help you.
What I'll say is that you don't need a trainer, but just to get good. (Or get loaded, some of the early missions can be brutal without an adequately equipped ship)

The dialog you're missing out on is a short between a PITA member and our anonymous sage, wherein we learn that Solipso grabbed an AI core, and that the core-less machine is pretty pissed about it.
I doubt your choice has any impact on following missions, considering the nature of individually re-playable missions.

Helping PITA and succeeding is not impossible - certainly not on Rookie.

Blurb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Innomen on Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:51 pm

So no, you don't have a trainer. Fine, let's hope someone else does.

P.S. Even if the "problem" is me not being "good" I would still want a trainer because if I'm going to go through the hassle of training myself in a skill it'll be one that has some real value, like learning Spanish or PHP or doing pushups or something, not how to better pilot a space ship in a video game.

The illusion of accomplishment hardcore gamers feed on is kinda dangerous and annoying when they forget that it is just a game, and they get arrogant about having it.

This isn't Korea, you're not going to be able to get anything real from this except enjoyment, and for that some of us don't feel the need to dick race.

Innomen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mercurius2 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:27 am

I'm gonna guess your problem is not equipping your ship well enough. Level 5 ship in this game isn't a lot stronger than level 1 if you just pile random basic parts on it. If you really want to hack, just hack in some money and buy those premade ships and try some of those. God mode isn't really needed in this game, at least not on rookie..

Mercurius2

Back to top Go down

Post  Innomen on Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:49 am

I'd have loved to hack in some plex, but there's no trainer nor cheat menu to allow for it. Paid research however was enough to get my foot through the door, along with some dev advice acquired on the steam forum. However, I would still like a trainer at some point just because every game needs cheats on principal Smile

Innomen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mercurius on Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:05 am

Innomen wrote:I'd have loved to hack in some plex, but there's no trainer nor cheat menu to allow for it. Paid research however was enough to get my foot through the door, along with some dev advice acquired on the steam forum. However, I would still like a trainer at some point just because every game needs cheats on principal Smile
One really basic way is to do paid research then change your system time repeatedly. Also, I recommend trying the first 2 rogue prebuilts. I feel like those two ships have good success in most modes/missions. If you like Arsenal, the missile-heavy arsenal prebuilts are pretty good too.

Mercurius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Innomen on Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:09 am

omg lol

I am a lousy cheater, why did I not think of playing with the system time? XD

Well, that's a pretty solid solution. Thanks much Smile Though at this point I doubt I'll need it.

Innomen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rtcvb32 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:44 am

Although a little late, here's a couple helpful tips you might use:

1) Try a stealth ship (although already mentioned). Several times I've survived quite well just setting Gemini beacons and firing missiles. There's also an equipment that gives a 50% chance to keep a beacon after using it so you can keep just firing away with your missiles. Another equipment lets the beacons jump to a nearby enemy if that enemy dies.

2) Use a Duo ship. Yes it's intended for two pilots, but if you arm it with the weapons for one then it's a bulkier version of the other ships. Extra bays can extend damage or add other parts you otherwise wouldn't have room for.
rtcvb32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top