Ring Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modding the Ring Runner?

5 posters

Go down

Modding the Ring Runner? Empty Modding the Ring Runner?

Post  WarStalkeR Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:06 pm

So my question is: will we be able to mod new hulls, weapons, modules, levels, storylines & ect?

WarStalkeR

Back to top Go down

Modding the Ring Runner? Empty Re: Modding the Ring Runner?

Post  EvilNinjadude Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:00 pm

WarStalkeR wrote:So my question is: will we be able to mod new hulls, weapons, modules, levels, storylines & ect?
Sup WarStalkeR.

It'd be a bit different from SPAZ, this being a game with an actual Multiplayer component. Allowing people to fiddle with it would enable them to gain advantages in Multiplayer that could become outright Game-breaking. The devs would have to take the time to specifically implement tools that allow a certain amount of modification, and no more... and actually have the power to enforce the "no more" part.

As to modifying the Single player campaign... that should be a bit easier. Since the campaign is linear but branching, instead of semi-open like SPAZ, setting up things to occur and making them occur should be quite a bit easier.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:05 pm

Our next patch will enable Steam Workshop with the ability to post your favorite hull templates for others to browse and download. Perhaps down the road some other Steam Workshop capabilities will be added. A level editor is unlikely since the game actually doesn't have one. Smile But I suppose I won't rule anything out.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  Roppert Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:10 pm

Any chance we can get single player modding capabilities? I know the game would get wonky on multiplayer when everyone makes their own equipment and all, but I was reminded of how Torchlight 2 handles their modding community multiplayer options, and limits some multiplayer games to “non modded” only, or “Everyone must have same mod”. It’d be fun to just make crazy equipment pieces and go around with super unbalanced ships and ridiculous builds.

Roppert

Back to top Go down

Post  SageWhiteWeasel Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:53 pm

I agree with ropperts ideas. But trust me using mods that make you super OP makes the "wanderlust" set in real fast if you know what I mean. I'd like it if you could make custom missions and stories with modding. Also it would give someone the chance make a multiplayer nightona scenario I wanted for so long. That would be popular.

SageWhiteWeasel

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:18 pm

Roppert wrote:go around with super unbalanced ships and ridiculous builds.
You mean, even more ridiculous builds? Razz
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  SageWhiteWeasel Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:51 pm

Now what about modding ring runner stuff in other games? Very Happy
(Video is Kinda dated)

Modding the Ring Runner? 2nsxi7c

SageWhiteWeasel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down