Hull/shield damage sound

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hull/shield damage sound

Post  Dead Parrot on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:20 pm

I find the number one cause of me dying ingame right now as I learn the controls and learn how to not suck is that I don't realize my hull or shields are low.
Any chance of some sort of sound effect being added just to give you a heads up that your hull is getting hit rather than your shields or some sound to let you know your shields are down? Could be something as simple as a subtle beeping that you could have an option for turning off or changing the beeping noise to something less irritating for those that don't like it. Just anything so that I can focus more on my flying rather than monitoring if my shield is low.

I do appologize if that has already been suggested, something tells me it has but I couldn't find a thread for it.

Dead Parrot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hull/shield damage sound

Post  Paul Dryere on Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:45 pm

You could try turning Player Reticle Alpha all the way up in the Game tab of the options menu. It will display your stats right on your ship. The stat will only show up if it is not at its rest state (i.e. max for shields and hull). Give it a try and see if it helps.

As for the sound, there are different sounds for shields and hulls taking damage, but they can be somewhat overwhelmed in a big firefight.
Paul Dryere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dead Parrot on Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:34 pm

Thanks for the tip I'll give it a try.

Dead Parrot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content