Ring Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Optimized Builds

5 posters

Go down

Optimized Builds  Empty Optimized Builds

Post  DÆMAN Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:40 pm

Hi guys. I've been playing Ring Runner fairly often since this summer, and I'm still getting my ass kicked on Arch-Sage difficulty with my best rank 5 hulls. I was wondering what builds you all use for your crazy Union play - I can't seem to even merc zombies at that difficulty with any efficiency.

I've been liking the R5G Nyrhala and have been using a modified version of the Blackjack build with some marginal success. Also have had some fun with the C5R Manta - - anyone have any other ships / builds they think I should try I'd like to hear them. I wanna start earning more plex for playing, those veterancy upgrades, hulls, and sage abilities are pricey.

DÆMAN

Back to top Go down

Optimized Builds  Empty Re: Optimized Builds

Post  EvilNinjadude Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:58 pm

R5AC Aquiline.
Time Bombs, Siphoning Mine cores, tactical weapons booster, Arachnid warheads.

Cloaking device, R.I.P.P.E.R., Harmonizer and Phase plating.

Smart rockets, recyclable beacons, seeker salvos, and a Gemini Laser cannon.

Caster Drive and advanced Caster Drive.

Thermal, charged and mercurial mine cores. Also Rapid Rockets.

Maximum shield, with a Rigid shield an the rest as Shield Max Modules. Nobody needs regen when you have...

Break Macro, with an Amplifier and Salvation.

Also, add Mending perlite and Mending beacons. Add prism plating if you're not the only one fighting.

Tactics: Drop mines. If you get a kill, you get full cloak giving you reduced damage taken, increases damage dealt, hides you from the enemies, and gives you high cooldown reduction (from the tactical weapons booster). For tougher targets, spam smart rockets and seeker salvos as well as Gemini laser at them. The Arachnid warheads will hold them in place so they cannot dodge the missiles. This should allow you to crunch down even Hunters.

You don't need regeneration. If you want a quick heal, Cycle your cores and immediately activate your Break Macro. You'll be left with full energy and 300 more HP, and you can repeat it in less than 7 seconds.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Blurb Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:45 am

There has to be an easier way of sharing builds than typing out the equipment...

For most purposes, I use an F5C Isosceles built to overload and overheat enemies, effectively shutting them down more or less permanently. The core items of that build are Thermal Cannon, Erasmus Cannon, Molten Exhaust Beam, D.I.C.E and Suiro Shielding. Other items are merely there to improve on the core. That means getting Firebrand, Weaponized Exhaust Ports, Focusing Crystal, Short-Cycle Chamber Laser Amp and Combuster to improve damage output, Frictive Shield, Arc Barrier, Energy Shield Core, and Thermal Shield Core to improve durability and finally Advanced Caster Drive and Recall Buoy to provide much-needed mobility.
What's left is up to the user, although I recommend going for a Buffered Power Hub, as anything else will leave you prone to overloading when taking or dealing large amounts of damage. While the loadout is good in most fights, you shouldn't bother with it in Zombie Mode - instead, take it for a spin in the Zorasura Crescent.

For an occasional Zombie mode, I instead go for a Ring Raider dragging behind it a tail of high-powered turrets. It's pretty self explanatory: Get CQB-suitable turrets with lots of buffs. The Agriphontes model is a bit frail, but makes up for it with DPS. It seems the zombies will prefer turrets over you, so don't get too close, and keep moving - I've previously been instantly killed by a single Popper.

Blurb

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:41 am

I think there is an easier way. We share the file. However, due to weirdness, I can't copy over anything written in the file into plaintext. We'd have to do all the sharing via uploads.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  DÆMAN Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:41 pm

Haven't gotten all the parts (or even the Aqualine yet haha), but your build sounds pretty fun Ninja. Been playing at the union exclusively so I can get more plex faster. I almost beat zombie mode with the Black Lightning Manta preset - I like the Manta out of all the casters honestly. Might try tweaking that build and seeing what I can come up with. Probably isn't very effective 1v1 though.

We need a small out-of game utility for ship builds, this game has so many parts it's hard to keep track and type them all out coherently.

DÆMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:18 pm

Devs, you know what to do!

(Add option to export hull info as plaintext which can then be read back into the game somewhere else!)
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  spot227 Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:38 am

Steamworks could be a solution. It certainly will(maybe not immediately) enable modding. But still, one more vote for plain text. Judging from existing game saves, it should be "hassle free".
spot227
spot227

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:37 am

Hassle free? The contents of your hangars are already out there in the files, you just can't copy them into any other text space because of the format. Reformatting the code into plaintext should be both easy and the solution to all these problems.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  spot227 Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:20 am

OK. There were some ambiguities. I meant that the work of changing saves to plain text should be easy. They could be already using text parsing. I like openness, but I'm not seeing much usage of plain text storage in the for-profit and closed source world.
spot227
spot227

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:47 am

I see. I think I have a good picture of your stances right now.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:34 pm

I'll add some convenient way of trading templates in the patch after the Steam release. With the ability to purchase them similar to how Prebuilts currently work.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:04 am

Yay!Very Happy 
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Blurb Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:56 pm

I tried out your build, Ninja, but found that it's too divergent to be really effective - and I'm no fan of mines. However, with a few minor modifications, it becomes something more to my liking:

Remove Time Bombs, Siphoning Mine Cores, Cloaking Device, Gemini Laser Cannon, Thermal Mine Cores, Charged Mine Cores and Mercurial Mine Cores.
Add Ghost Rockets, Siphoning Warheads, Perlite Flash Emitter, Migrating Beacons, Thermal Warheads, Charged Warheads and Gemini Warheads.

It plays out a bit like the prebuilt F5R Odin Tracker, in that you'll be struggling to really deal any damage before the first beacons are in - once that happens the ball starts rolling. What this modification really shines at is destroying bases, as buildings activate the RIPPER and Tactical Weapons Booster. In case of ammo shortage, you simply restock, reload, break and restock again!

Blurb

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:26 pm

That's the great thing about this game: When you like some parts of a build but not others, just switch some stuff around!

Going full rocket on an Arsenal rogue ship.... hmhmhmhm. Not a bad idea. Although I dunno if unequipping your Cloaking device is going to interfere with the cloak gain from other abilities or not...?
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down