Ring Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Game Crashes

3 posters

Go down

Random Game Crashes Empty Random Game Crashes

Post  Synge Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:06 am

Ok so I installed the game and after reading some of the posts on here about previous problems I have gotten the game to run and it is going pretty well except for every now and then it doesn't respond and I have to quit out of it and restart the last mission I was on. It happens ever other mission or so except this one time. I have checked the crash logs and they all look the same.

² [Version: 1.0.0.3] - [Value does not fall within the expected range.] ->   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Present(tagRECT* pSource, tagRECT* pDest, HWND__* hOverride)
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.Microsoft.Xna.Framework.IGraphicsDeviceManager.EndDraw()
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.EndDraw()
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
  at RingRunner.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\Paul Dryere\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\RingRunner\RingRunner\Program.cs:line 22

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time

Synge

Back to top Go down

Random Game Crashes Empty Re: Random Game Crashes

Post  Aratex Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:22 pm

You should really send the crashlogs to the official crash report email RRCrashReport@gmail.com

I don't have a solution to your problem.
Aratex
Aratex

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:52 pm

Hey Synge and welcome to the forums.

It seems to be a graphics related crash, would you mind posting a dxdiag, or emailing it to RRCrashReport@gmail.com? It will help me narrow down what the problem might be. I would suggest checking if you have the latest drivers for your graphics card if you haven't already.

I'll do a bit of research to see if I can find any quick solutions to the problem.

Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:59 pm

Found two possible solutions, first, if you aren't playing in fullscreen mode, try playing in fullscreen mode. If the crashes continue, trying lowering the resolution.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Random Game Crashes Empty Full screening

Post  Synge Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:10 pm

That actually corrected the crashing. I've been playing through quite afew missions now and not a problem has popped up. Thank you again for all of your assistance

Synge

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:13 pm

No problem, I'll add this to the Known Problems/Solutions thread just in case anyone else runs into it. Smile
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum