The G5C plasma turtle

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The G5C plasma turtle

Post  Murky42 on Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:16 pm

I made this build while looking for a way to disable my foes as a grappler so I could pummel them in to submission. While searching I thought wouldn't it be silly to use both the plasma wave thrower and the plasma wave generator? Instead of being silly it wrecked everything.

To summarize this build its main goal is to grapple foes and then disable them while dealing high dps.

Due to the fact that the plasma launcher counts as a melee ability it can rapidly apply passives due its cooldown of 0,06 seconds. Piercing strikes increases your damage by 10% with a cooldown of 0,25 seconds and the effect lasts for 1,75 seconds. It also works quite well with grappling pitons effectively permanently chaining foes to you.
For the rest of the mining rig slots resonant lash is advised in combination with either siphon rig or supplemental servos.

In the mass emitter we equip the plasma wave generator to overheat enemies quicker. Besides this we also use the madrati pulsar generator and the dark matter orb launcher. Both attacks are relentlessly spammed. due to the fact that both you and your foe are probably standing still the madrati orbs often float inside of your foes dealing high amounts of damage.

The magnetic attractor slot is relatively self explanatory.

• Mass grapple
  • Proximity playing
  • Magnetic attractor
  • Electro magnetic flail

Because this build quickly overheats itself and and uses energy quite quickly relying on high energy regen and heat delta simply doesn't work. Instead I use the Omnicoil heat sink and the buffered powerhub in combination with the surge macro so you can sustain spamming all your abilities at the same time.

Defensively its a pretty standard turtle setup including critical time loop.

The playstyle of this build is very simple but also quite effective. Simply stand still and spam all of your attacks at the same time while drawing in enemies using mass grapple. This build creates a lot of gravity wells and also grapples foes to it making escape rather hard for anything that can't teleport away.

With this build I managed to beat all the scenarios on the union.

While its quite powerful it certainly has its cons. Its incredibly slow and it can quickly kill itself if an enemy uses redirect beam.
However it can quickly kill and disable both ships and structures and it is certainly worth trying out.

Murky42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The G5C plasma turtle

Post  EvilNinjadude on Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:45 am

Damn. You sure are good at pool builds. (By that I mean ships built to overload ships' heat and energy pools). I've got a pool fighter I want to throw at you sometime.

EvilNinjadude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Murky42 on Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:57 am

I'd say throw it right at me.
In fact throw any build you want tested right at me.

Thinking of it did anyone test exactly how effective steadfast shielding is? I want to know if its really that much stronger then charged shield regen modules. Quite simply if the improvement isn't relatively significant then its not really worth it due to the fact that your shield regen can be disabled by a pusher.

On a completely unrelated note casters seem underpowered IMO they just can't seem to deal nearly as much damage as other classes can. Not only that they have few abilities that can overcharge or overheat or siphon hp.

It seems to me like casters abilities just don't mesh well when you have more then 3 slots for one caster node. This is mostly due to the fact that almost all caster abilities require charging and thus cannot be fired at the same time.

That makes them rather weak in comparison to arsenal's who can launch everything in their arsenal (pun intended) at the same time.

It isn't a real problem on the lower difficulties but as enemies get significantly tougher on the pool and the union you really start to notice it.

Murky42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude on Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:46 am

Murky42 wrote:It seems to me like casters abilities just don't mesh well when you have more then 3 slots for one caster node. This is mostly due to the fact that almost all caster abilities require charging and thus cannot be fired at the same time.
I told the devs this. I told them they should change it so that charged abilities should fire at lowest charges when you already have an ability charging, NOT stop working completely. This should empower charged abilities, and thereby casters.

Also, when do you have time? I'd look forward to taking you on in some PVP. With several of my ships.

EvilNinjadude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Murky42 on Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:13 pm

I don't think that alone would be enough. Besides this solution causes problems with abilities like helicoid collider where the minimum is the maximum.

IMO adding a caster archetype ability that allowed you to charge two attacks at once would be a decent solution. This way casters would be more then just a pet class. Besides this would allow for some interesting combo's.

As for fighting me in PVP I'm on vacation right now so I'm available pretty much anytime of the day but I am european (dutch) so that might be a minor problem. Anyhow just give me a time and I'll probably be available.

I also just downloaded the newest version and noticed that my G5C build got upgraded due to the fact that madrati pulsar generator and the dark matter orb launcher now cost only 1 slot instead of 2.

Murky42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A new ship

Post  Murky42 on Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:41 pm

I just made a new ship that seems to easily clear gladiator mode on the union consistently. Its hard to pilot but twice as hard to target.

I will make a thread about it after I fight Evilninjadude.

Murky42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude on Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:04 am

Go on. Take a guess as to where I live.

I think the Americans are fairly outnumbered by us Europeans by now!

Add me on Skype: EvilNinjadude. This'll allow us to see when the other is online. And then we bash each other.

Also, I missed the buff to the Mass Emitter abilities! Will check it out.

Also, yes, abilities that force full charge would have to be disabled entirely, as they are now, since they MUST charge. But abilities that can be released at zero charge should not be blocked on activation, is what I was saying.

EvilNinjadude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top