Ring Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prospector mission problem

3 posters

Go down

Prospector mission problem Empty Prospector mission problem

Post  Zenchess Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:36 pm

When I flew the prospector mission the first time, the grappler was right on me (playing on sage difficulty I think). He easily killed me.

The second time, I tried fighting him, gave up, then tried running. I ran along the top edge of the map, and got all the way to the left then worked my way down to the ship. Maybe you see where I'm going with this: the next event was not triggered.

So I sat on the ship for while assuming I would either dock or me and the ship would kill him, but neither happened. I finally decided to let him kill me so i floated off to the right, then the event triggered.

Suggested fix: trigger the event based on proximity to the ship, not just the specific area it triggers at now to the right of the ship (assuming you would fly through all that junk and not around it).

Zenchess

Back to top Go down

Prospector mission problem Empty Re: Prospector mission problem

Post  Paul Dryere Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:44 pm

I'll check the bounding volume for the trigger, thanks for the report.

Also, I'll add a bit more dialogue to make clear that you shouldn't try fighting the prospector.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  Zenchess Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:06 pm

I tried running the first time, which i thought was pretty clear from the dialogue, however, he owned me so hard that I thought maybe you had to fight him.

He basically gets right on you right off the bat, and there's no way to get rid of him. I'm not sure how I would have beat the mission if I had to fly through the junk in the middle of the map, because he's constantly grappling you and throwing you around and hurting you.

I would suggest that you get a little more warning to run and or the mission triggers before you get all the way to the right so there's some distance between you.

Loving the game so far, and the story is really drawing me in , especially the part after the prospector. Smile

Zenchess

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:24 pm

Glad to hear you are enjoying the campaign. cheers

I'll look at the bounding volume for the prospector event, maybe give you a bit more distance when he arrives.

Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:53 pm

Paul Dryere wrote:Glad to hear you are enjoying the campaign. cheers

I'll look at the bounding volume for the prospector event, maybe give you a bit more distance when he arrives.
It's the energy hook System he is using (100% of the time with me) that constantly gives me trouble. How do you even get the Achievement if you don't prepare before the event happens is a mystery...
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:30 am

I've done it. Cool

But yeah, the easiest way is to position yourself correctly before he arrives.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum