Nova Macro

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nova Macro

Post  Aratex on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:16 am

Uhm anyone else feel this macro is a bit dominant?

If you compare it to Shield macro then theres only one winner basicly. The cooldown on Nova Macro is so low (especially with Amplifier) that it rules Shield Macro out completely. 9/10 times you're better off just grabbing Nova Macro instead of Shield Macro.

I have a couple of suggestions as to how it could be balanced.

Increase the cooldown on Nova macro so its more inline with Shield macro.

Or make shield macro shorter duration with shorter cooldown to make it effectively able to block Nova Macro.

Another thing about nova macro. When you're playing as a Grappler and have nova macro, you can effectively hit all orbs if you are right on your target which on paper would be about 800 or so damage, a way to fix this may be to have the orbs fire out at a higher velocity, so that they are more likely to hit obstacles?

I think some of these things would bring Nova Macro to a more suitable level. Right now I would probably pick Nova over Shield any day.

Another suggestion; Tighten the shield around the ship when using Shield Macro a bit?
Aratex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nova Macro

Post  syther on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:22 am

i agree with this Shield macro will save you when nova is first fired. but if the opponent using nova fires it again as fast as they can then shield macro cant save you as the cooldown is a bit too long. so in the cass of nova vs shield nova wil mostly always win unless the one with shield has lots of telefold stuff
syther

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:33 pm

aivadarker/syther wrote:i agree with this Shield macro will save you when nova is first fired. but if the opponent using nova fires it again as fast as they can then shield macro cant save you as the cooldown is a bit too long. so in the cass of nova vs shield nova wil mostly always win unless the one with shield has lots of telefold stuff
And maybe not even then, depending on Lag and Lag compensation, considering as well that sometimes they're right on top of you, as Aratex said.
EvilNinjadude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  syther on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:58 pm

EvilNinjadude wrote:
aivadarker/syther wrote:i agree with this Shield macro will save you when nova is first fired. but if the opponent using nova fires it again as fast as they can then shield macro cant save you as the cooldown is a bit too long. so in the cass of nova vs shield nova wil mostly always win unless the one with shield has lots of telefold stuff
And maybe not even then, depending on Lag and Lag compensation, considering as well that sometimes they're right on top of you, as Aratex said.

very true
syther

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:23 pm

All valid points, I'll look into it.
Paul Dryere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:26 pm

Paul Dryere wrote:All valid points, I'll look into it.
Quick question, did you also get my last message? I mentioned Gamma Hammer and Asp Rockets as being a bit too powerful, and the Stabilizing Gyro being a little too weak.

The Grapple effect on Energy Hook system seemed a little long too, BUT then I realized that this should be kept to stop ships from using two movement abilities to counteract it. This way, the ability will be effective despite movement abilities, which is a Good thing for Grapplers.
EvilNinjadude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:02 pm

The Gamma Hammer is great in certain situations, but it does have certain weaknesses, i.e. against bases or bosses. I will probably lower the damage on its max charge activation a bit, but that should probably do it.

As for the asp turret, I just recently buffed most rocket abilities and as a result it has become more powerful. I will take another look at it, probably just lower its survivability to account for its stealth and DPS.
Paul Dryere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:04 pm

Oh, and I will look at the stabilizing gyro. Smile
Paul Dryere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:09 pm

It's just the fact that it has invisible Aimbot and can one-shot you on occasion without you ever noticing.

And the Gamma Hammer is only OP because of the way I use it in the F5G Lupine: Ace Drive, Minor quicken, Time Macro, Siphon Rig, Thermal Cannon. I just freeze (heat?) them in place and have at them. When I activate the Macro, the next strike comes before the visuals from the first have faded.

OT: brb, going to work on the wiki some. I have some templates in mind that we can copy/paste onto all the pages we're gonna make, because they'll look so similar.
Do you think it'd be a better Idea to have one page of ships per Archetype, that you can scroll down, or one page for each ship?
EvilNinjadude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:22 pm

I would go with one page per archetype with links at the top, but whatever you find most convenient would work. Smile
Paul Dryere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Paul Dryere wrote:I would go with one page per archetype with links at the top, but whatever you find most convenient would work. Smile
So have them all on one Page? Okay, will do. What do you think should go into an Info-table for each Ship?
EvilNinjadude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere on Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:28 pm

Probably just a screenshot of it in the hangar, and a screenshot of it in the customize screen to show off its nodes. Maybe a short description of its predominate play style.
Paul Dryere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude on Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:45 pm

Paul Dryere wrote:Probably just a screenshot of it in the hangar, and a screenshot of it in the customize screen to show off its nodes. Maybe a short description of its predominate play style.
We can do the Hangar ones ourselves. I long ago figured out how to rotate the ships until they present themselves to me from a decent angle.

The Node thing might be a bit more complicated. The images I want to put in are the ones with the Numbers on top of the nodes; if you can upload them all to the wiki when you have time then that'd be awesome.
EvilNinjadude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:10 pm

I'll have my brother do it at some point. Very Happy
Paul Dryere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ECDryere on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:32 pm

There'll certainly be some give-and-take as we sort things out and work through balancing issues. Keep letting us know what you feel is too powerful or not powerful enough!

As for the wiki images, I'll try to get those up this week. I'm working on an in-depth tutorial on how to customize your ship. That'll also be really nice to feature on the wiki. Wink
ECDryere
Admin

View user profile http://ringrunner.net

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:52 pm

Neat. I know just where to put it. Thanks for getting to it so soon!
EvilNinjadude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top