Medic Ship?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Medic Ship?

Post  perplexingTheorist on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:15 pm

Is there any chance of getting a medic class ship in the future? Possibly with abilities based around the redistribution of damage/health amongst allies and enemies?

perplexingTheorist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Medic Ship?

Post  EvilNinjadude on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:52 pm

perplexingThoerist wrote:Is there any chance of getting a medic class ship in the future? Possibly with abilities based around the redistribution of damage/health amongst allies and enemies?
Yeah, the closest we can get right now are Arsenals with a Rescue Relay, Repair Drones and the Martyr Macro.

EvilNinjadude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:34 pm

We are adding more abilities that interact with healing to arsenal veterancy. One such ability has you and your pets receive less effect from heals, but your heals are more powerful on other allies. Another ability is a passive heal aura where every ally in the vicinity gains a small heal periodically.

Arsenals are the "healers" of the game, although we never want them to play like a traditional healing class where all you do is sit back and spam heals.

Paul Dryere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:41 pm

Did you guys get a chance to check out the new combat text? The options for it can be found at the bottom of the Video tab.

Paul Dryere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:43 pm

You mean the numbers? Yeah, I turned damage numbers on, though weirdly it doesn't seem to correspond to the numbers I see myself. Maybe the regeneration is too high for me too see damage numbers match up with health numbers, but I've done plenty to optimize my build.

EvilNinjadude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:47 pm

Normal stat based regeneration will not show up under healing numbers, only abilities that heal you will show up.

Paul Dryere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  perplexingTheorist on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:12 pm

Paul Dryere wrote:Did you guys get a chance to check out the new combat text? The options for it can be found at the bottom of the Video tab.
Yeah, i have all the combat text on
it make me feel more comfortable knowing the damage i'm doing so i can optimize my fighting style

perplexingTheorist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  perplexingTheorist on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:20 pm

On a lesser note, will we be seeing any other tri-archtype ships outside of fighters? Just curious as to that.

Also, I think that a "healer" arsenal could possibly get a little difficult/annoying to kill if it ends up with all of the healing abilities.

I mean, as is the Arsenal can pretty much stand in one place and destroy enemies while taking minimalism damage (or at least with how I play it). Maybe it'd be best (if another "support based" class isn't added) to move around some healing abilities to other classes to add an overall ability by each class to heal one another if necessary.

That's just my opinion on things though.

perplexingTheorist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:43 pm

All classes are designed to be able to aid an ally's survival.

Arsenals are perhaps the most obvious in the ways they do it, i.e. healing and shielding.

Rogues can help misdirect opponents and grant friendlies stealth, as well as disarming/disabling opponents.

Fighters can snare and overheat/overcharge enemies.

Grapplers and Casters can push and pull opponents to prevent them from getting to allies.

Paul Dryere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  perplexingTheorist on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:52 pm

Paul Dryere wrote:All classes are designed to be able to aid an ally's survival.

Arsenals are perhaps the most obvious in the ways they do it, i.e. healing and shielding.

Rogues can help misdirect opponents and grant friendlies stealth, as well as disarming/disabling opponents.

Fighters can snare and overheat/overcharge enemies.

Grapplers and Casters can push and pull opponents to prevent them from getting to allies.

Yeah, that is very true.

I guess ships that heal aren't a major issue right now, so best not mess with anything.

perplexingTheorist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top