Ring Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Green light progress

5 posters

Go down

Green light progress Empty Green light progress

Post  perplexingTheorist Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:13 pm

so, what is the progress on the steam greenlight thing? just curious.
perplexingTheorist
perplexingTheorist

Back to top Go down

Green light progress Empty Re: Green light progress

Post  ECDryere Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:19 pm

We've been pretty much stuck since the initial boost you get from release. It's nearly impossible to get Greenlit without actually releasing your game first since most of the top games are fully released. The only other options is to get massive media exposure, which again, is very difficult without first releasing your game. Shocked
ECDryere
ECDryere
Admin

http://ringrunner.net

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:22 pm

ECDryere wrote:We've been pretty much stuck since the initial boost you get from release. It's nearly impossible to get Greenlit without actually releasing your game first since most of the top games are fully released. The only other options is to get massive media exposure, which again, is very difficult without first releasing your game. Shocked
So basically you're gonna finish the game first, then get publicity, then Greenlight. Don't worry, quite some Youtubers out there who're watched by up to a million people. Just recommend it to them. Especially now that you've been a contest finalist.

Just let me know, when are you planning to have the game finished? I can start seriously working on the wiki starting June. You think what I did up to now was serious? Nope.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Aratex Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:04 pm

EvilNinjadude wrote:So basically you're gonna finish the game first, then get publicity, then Greenlight. Don't worry, quite some Youtubers out there who're watched by up to a million people. Just recommend it to them. Especially now that you've been a contest finalist.

Just let me know, when are you planning to have the game finished? I can start seriously working on the wiki starting June. You think what I did up to now was serious? Nope.

They game is set to release in May according to the shop
Aratex
Aratex

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:06 pm

That soon? Oh dear. Just in case you need a mod, I've recently started being a mod on SPAZ. While I've mostly used it to ban bots, I think that if there is nobody else, I'd have the experience for it. Razz
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  ECDryere Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:02 pm

EvilNinjadude wrote:That soon? Oh dear. Just in case you need a mod, I've recently started being a mod on SPAZ. While I've mostly used it to ban bots, I think that if there is nobody else, I'd have the experience for it. Razz

I hope we'll be successful enough to need it! But certainly. We'll be looking to all of you guys, our long time supporters, for help! Very Happy
ECDryere
ECDryere
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Selyp Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:52 am

You guys seem to be getting a decent amount of exposure on YouTube. I'd definitely recommend trying to get in touch with Northernlion on YouTube if you haven't already. He is pretty big and does games like this all the time and probably more accessible than some of the mega-popular YouTubers like Totalbiscuit

Selyp

Back to top Go down

Post  ECDryere Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:29 am

Selyp wrote:You guys seem to be getting a decent amount of exposure on YouTube. I'd definitely recommend trying to get in touch with Northernlion on YouTube if you haven't already. He is pretty big and does games like this all the time and probably more accessible than some of the mega-popular YouTubers like Totalbiscuit

Yeah, definitely! We've already reached out to him. Gonna try again once this whole PAX/GDC whirlwind dies down. But please feel free to mention us to anyone you might know. Wink
ECDryere
ECDryere
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:50 am

ECDryere wrote:
Selyp wrote:You guys seem to be getting a decent amount of exposure on YouTube. I'd definitely recommend trying to get in touch with Northernlion on YouTube if you haven't already. He is pretty big and does games like this all the time and probably more accessible than some of the mega-popular YouTubers like Totalbiscuit

Yeah, definitely! We've already reached out to him. Gonna try again once this whole PAX/GDC whirlwind dies down. But please feel free to mention us to anyone you might know. Wink
Totalbiscuit actually reviews Indie games most of all. I don't think he's not accessible. At least don't dismiss this option without at least sending an email.

I recently realized he does beta, alpha and even pre-alpha builds of games. So technically we wouldn't even have to wait to finish the game, unlike Greenlight.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  ECDryere Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:09 am

Yep, we've actually already contacted TB a few months back and he said he was interested in doing a video about Ring Runner. We'll be sure to remind him in the upcoming months. Wink
ECDryere
ECDryere
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:33 am

ECDryere wrote:Yep, we've actually already contacted TB a few months back and he said he was interested in doing a video about Ring Runner. We'll be sure to remind him in the upcoming months. Wink
Good! Very very good. Right now he's busy contracting the PAX flu.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Selyp Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:31 pm

Pretty sure if he does a WTF Is... you'd be set as far as Greenlight votes. The game is solid - just need to get it out there so people can hear about it.

Selyp

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:01 am

Oh, and if he does a WTF is..., he will be sure to test the Multiplayer.

That might be an excellent opportunity for you two devs to hop on skype and play a few rounds with him.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down