Ring Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Patch - 2/5/13

5 posters

Go down

New Patch - 2/5/13 Empty New Patch - 2/5/13

Post  ECDryere Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:26 pm

The newest patch is live! Here are some highlights:

• New Abilities (Gamma Hammer, Shield Bash, Plasma Thrusters, and more!)
  • New Equipment
  • New Equipment Descriptions
  • Added Numerical Values to Equipment Statistics
  • New Ship Statistics Page - displays important info clearly and concisely
  • New Icon Legend - (Integrated to Ship Statistics Page)
  • Improved Visibility of Scroll Bars
  • Balancing Issues
  • Numerous Bug Fixes
  • Added optional Damage and Healing Text!

ECDryere
ECDryere
Admin

http://ringrunner.net

Back to top Go down

New Patch - 2/5/13 Empty Re: New Patch - 2/5/13

Post  EvilNinjadude Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:01 am

I love the new statistics page! Hadn't found it before the patch notes; I thought that was where the help screen was... Rolling Eyes (I NEED NO HELP... or so I thought)
And it's so detailed and nicely sorted, too! I LOVE IT!

The new numberical values, and description of abilities is very nice. But now you have me wondering whether the stats bars we had before were relative or absolute, if you know what I mean by that?

I also see you removed the ability to exchange primaries directly, but that will be less necessary now since we got the stats page.

Also, Nero has finally explained to me what hostile abilities are (thought I suspected it all along, haha!)

The Bar at the top of the screen that denotes Energy Regen has a certain base length: But that's BS. There is no base energy regen. Suspect That's why I was confused when the Twin-Cycle Power hub had so little regen: I thought I had a base.
I think it's so the stat can go into the negative and still be visible, but I had constant heat generation as well (with the bar going into the negative and no longer being displayed, except in red when I wanted to add on MORE heat-adding components. Because I like having tons of heat in my fighter)
So you could either add a fixed bar length to both, remove a fixed bar length from both, or revamp regen bars completely to have both Negative and Positive values, because it reflects Delta, which is often enough both negative and positive, because otherwise the stat would keep increasing infinitely.
Delta of course being short for dX/dt geek

I have yet to test damage numbers. Though I do expect the best.

A page with Ship base stats and a stat overview will be added to the wiki.

There are some errors in the new description, such as the Hades Engine being attributed with a "High Energy consumption" and the Twin Ion Engine having no comment on Energy consumption at all. Though the Ion engine is like, the biggest energy hog ever! I'll try finding all of those.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  ECDryere Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:27 am

That is a good idea with heat regen. We might have to start the bar halfway on a "zero" value. As for the other bars, they are relative to the highest values achievable in the game.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for inconsistencies in the descriptions. Just keep in mind that they are relative to the other attributes of the item itself, not comparatively to other items. That is to say, that attributes are only mentioned when they deviate from a "well-balanced" state.

Hope you enjoy the damage text. And give the Gamma Hammer a whirl! Razz
ECDryere
ECDryere
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  perplexingTheorist Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:06 am

where do you find the stats page?
also, i still have like 16 or so abilities that aren't unlocked and i cannot research them.
Could this be a bug for people who (before the multiplayer update) had the beta with the full unlock ability?
perplexingTheorist
perplexingTheorist

Back to top Go down

Post  perplexingTheorist Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:00 pm

also
the game crashes when i try to load wave mode
i am unsure why
also, it did a weird thing where it circled around the map like 5 or 6 times before loading the launch screen.
perplexingTheorist
perplexingTheorist

Back to top Go down

Post  perplexingTheorist Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:07 pm

Also, sage surge bugged out when I played it.
The ship went flying/circle-thing out of control and somehow crashed with the center

But wave mode is working again.
perplexingTheorist
perplexingTheorist

Back to top Go down

Post  ECDryere Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:29 pm

Weird bugs! Shocked Could you mail us the crash reports, Perplexing? Email them to RRCrashReport@gmail.com

The stats page can be accessed by clicking on the big question mark button on the bottom left corner of the hangar.
ECDryere
ECDryere
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:30 pm

Since nobody has answered your previous questions, I'll have to do it. Though i'd hoped you'd figure it out.
There's a question mark in the hangar screen, it does not lead to Advice for noobs, but rather to the stuff you were looking for.

I will test sage surge for you.

EDIT: And as soon as I offer my help, I get Ninja'd. Serves me right for not helping earlier.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:47 pm

also, i still have like 16 or so abilities that aren't unlocked and i cannot research them.
Could this be a bug for people who (before the multiplayer update) had the beta with the full unlock ability?

Have you entered the full access unlock password in the title screen? You should have received an email with a password in it at some point, you will need to enter that password by pressing the unlock button in the title screen. If you didn't receive the password, I could PM you it.

Also, the unlock bar doesn't only show owned equipment, it shows completed missions and owned hulls. Its more of a total completion bar.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  perplexingTheorist Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:50 pm

Paul Dryere wrote:

Have you entered the full access unlock password in the title screen? You should have received an email with a password in it at some point, you will need to enter that password by pressing the unlock button in the title screen. If you didn't receive the password, I could PM you it.

Also, the unlock bar doesn't only show owned equipment, it shows completed missions and owned hulls. Its more of a total completion bar.

Well I won the beta access so i never got an email :p
remember the first sage's challenge?

Also
i'm not seeing the gravity hammer, shield bash, plasma thruster, etc.
perplexingTheorist
perplexingTheorist

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:54 pm

K I'll PM you the password. Also, if you could email your crash reports that would be great, the info on how to report crashes can be found in TitleScreen->Help->Troublshooting.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  perplexingTheorist Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:55 pm

Paul Dryere wrote:K I'll PM you the password. Also, if you could email your crash reports that would be great, the info on how to report crashes can be found in TitleScreen->Help->Troublshooting.

Alright
Next time it crashes i'll send the report.
perplexingTheorist
perplexingTheorist

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:58 pm

K, every time the game crashes, a log is saved to the same folder where your game save data is stored. So just send RRCrashReport@gmail.com all of em in there when you get a chance. Smile
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  perplexingTheorist Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:01 pm

Paul Dryere wrote:K, every time the game crashes, a log is saved to the same folder where your game save data is stored. So just send RRCrashReport@gmail.com all of em in there when you get a chance. Smile

I don't have any saved at the moment because i usually just end the process tree when it starts crashing. Next time i'll let it crash to completion.

But yeah, I like the update. Over all it seems a lot faster, and I like the new icons for missile weapons. As well, I've noticed quiet a few new ships Smile
perplexingTheorist
perplexingTheorist

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:26 pm

perplexingThoerist wrote:
Paul Dryere wrote:K, every time the game crashes, a log is saved to the same folder where your game save data is stored. So just send RRCrashReport@gmail.com all of em in there when you get a chance. Smile

I don't have any saved at the moment because i usually just end the process tree when it starts crashing. Next time i'll let it crash to completion.

But yeah, I like the update. Over all it seems a lot faster, and I like the new icons for missile weapons. As well, I've noticed quiet a few new ships Smile
What what? New ships? Am I hearing correctly?
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  ECDryere Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:34 pm

Hehehe, there are new abilities and equipment, but no new ships in this patch.
ECDryere
ECDryere
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  perplexingTheorist Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:13 pm

ECDryere wrote:Hehehe, there are new abilities and equipment, but no new ships in this patch.

Must have been something I missed when I was on hiatus then.
Still
the A5F Hadrian was one that was new to me. Either I over looked it last time I played, or it was added in the update I skipped.
perplexingTheorist
perplexingTheorist

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:34 am

ECDryere wrote:Hehehe, there are new abilities and equipment, but no new ships in this patch.

Still
the A5F Hadrian was one that was new to me. Either I over looked it last time I played, or it was added in the update I skipped.
It's been around from the beginning. I remember complaining that it could pack more weapons than you could fire.
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  perplexingTheorist Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:55 am

EvilNinjadude wrote:

Still
It's been around from the beginning. I remember complaining that it could pack more weapons than you could fire.

then how did i miss it o.o
perplexingTheorist
perplexingTheorist

Back to top Go down

New Patch - 2/5/13 Empty fixed all issues

Post  syther Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:29 am

epic patch have not had a single crash (other the a few tap in tap out crashes but not even sure that is a ringrunner issue) could even finish the dvorak mission ... kinda want a dvorak now hehe. and all the new text info is epic really nice update good job Very Happy
syther
syther

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Dryere Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:10 pm

Thanks! Smile

Got another one coming soon that will add an option to display Ally Health Bars as well as adding several new equipment/abilities.

Also fixed a potential crash that can occur with damage text in multiplayer games.
Paul Dryere
Paul Dryere

Back to top Go down

Post  EvilNinjadude Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:48 pm

Paul Dryere wrote:Thanks! Smile

Got another one coming soon that will add an option to display Ally Health Bars as well as adding several new equipment/abilities.

Also fixed a potential crash that can occur with damage text in multiplayer games.
Ally Health Bars! The potential for feverish Spectating just doubled! Watching an Ally slowly die after you is the second-most is the second-most nerve-wracking thing I can imagine in the game.

Maybe have an option to have the ally health bars take the place of your own (maybe in shades of grey) at the edge of the screen when you are following them around?
EvilNinjadude
EvilNinjadude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum